Chapter 27

Ben's P.O.V.

Eli had told me about what happened with Taylor, as much as I didn't like him before (which was a lot), I surely hated him now, but I can't say anything because I hurt Alex too. For the next week, she clung to me, it was just like old times and I liked it. My feelings for her started coming back, and I think hers did too.

We were hanging out one night at her house, I was sitting on the bean bag and Alex was on my side with one knee to her chest leaning on me. We were watching The Interview when the doorbell rang, and she got up to answer it.

"Taylor?" I heard Alex say. I quickly got up and walked to the door.
"What the fuck are you doing here?" I said angrily.
"Woah what are you? Her bodyguard?" he said rudely.
"Hey I can handle this," Alex said looking up at me. So I backed off.
"Can we talk?" he asked, "privately." He said looking at me, I rolled my eyes.
"Sure," Alex said stepping out onto the porch closing the door.
"Fucking dick." I said leaning back against the wall.

...

Alex came back inside crossing her arms and when I tried to come up to her she just shook her head and ran upstairs. I wanted her to cool off but I also wanted to be there for her.. so I gave her 5 minutes. Then I went upstairs and came in her room. She was sitting in the corner of her bed by the headboard with her knees to her chest just looking straight forward. I could tell she was about to cry but was trying so hard not to. I crawled onto the bed and sat in front of her, I kept saying he was no good for her and how she needed someone who deserves her. I know I would be forever grateful to call her mine.

...

A week later I found out Taylor was dating another girl, I felt bad for Alex. She turned off her phone and I've been staying at her place since. I brush the hair out of her face as she wakes up, her eyes are soft and hopeful while she looks up at me. She smiles and slowly sits up moving her legs out from under the comforter. Her skull pajama pants and white tee shirt hanging off her nicely. I follow her out of her room and downstairs, breakfast is on the table and we have the house to ourselves since Eli and Ashton went to buy more groceries. I sit across from Alex and start eating my cereal because we gave Alex the last of the eggs and bacon.

I make stupid jokes and try to make her feel better. After breakfast we sit on the couch and watch Parks and Recreation re runs while cuddling with a warm blanket over us. She falls asleep on my chest for a bit, I brush through her hair with my fingers and kiss the top of her head.

...

She wakes up and yawns, I smile and brush her
hair behind her ear. She sits up and crawls off the sofa to go upstairs, I grab my duffle bag of clothes and get ready. Around 2 she comes down wearing a red and black flannel and high waist jeans. I'm wearing a black tee shirt and jeans. I smile seeing her walking down the hallway towards me.

"Hey, you." I smile with my hands in my pockets.
"Hey, yourself." She smirks and elbows me.
"Wanna go somewhere?" I say putting my arm around her and pulling her into me.
"Maybe," she smiles and puts her head on the side of my chest.
"Maybe it is," I laugh and walk with her out to my car.

Alex's P.O.V.

I look out the window watching the trees roll by as the air blows my hair softly. I feel like Beyoncé. I have my right elbow on the window, my head being cradled by my hand, I look over and see Ben, his eyes soft, not like they used to be, watching the road calmly. I think he's the only thing holding me together. I feel bad letting him watch me be heartbroken over someone who isn't him.

I look back out the window and let the warm breeze brush my skin.