The Braid (MariChat) Pt. 1

Marinette felt a painful cramp creep up her arm as her fingers toyed with her midnight blue hair, trying to make a French braid. She dropped her pieces of hair and groaned in annoyance. She fell face-first into her chaise and sighed in defeat

"Why are you even trying to braid your hair?" asked Tikki. "It looks great in pigtails!" She had been watching her Miraculous holder attempt at braiding her hair for the past hour while munching on a platter full of chocolate chip cookies. Marinette turned her head to face Tikki and started to speak until she heard tapping coming from her window. Tikki hid in Marinette's bed when half of Paris' superhero duo opened the window, letting himself in.

"Good evening Princess," Chat Noir said as he bowed.

Ever since the Evillustrator attacked, Adrien has been visiting Marinette in hopes of getting to know her better. Around him as Adrien, she was a stuttering, blushing mess. He assumed that she was scared of him, oblivious to fact that she has a crush on him. However, as Chat, she was his confident and sassy best friend. As the two grew closer, they would exchange stories, be a shoulder to cry on, ask for love advice, and share secrets, of course not mentioning anything about their other selves. He looked up, sporting his usual flirty smirk. That smirk was soon replaced with a look of concern once he saw her. "Is my damsel in distress?" He walked over to her chaise. "Does she need to be saved by a knight in leather armor?" Marinette sat up, making room for Chat on the chaise.

"First of all, I'm tired from wasting an hour trying to braid my hair," she said as Chat sat down next to her. "And second of all," she grabbed Chat by his chin and quickly pulled him close to her, a few inches away from her face. "I can rescue myself," she said grinning. Marinette released Chat from her grip and they both chuckled.

"Even though you look a-meow-zing with you hair down, would you like me to braid it?" he asked combing his fingers through her hair.

"How do you know how to braid?"

He removed his hand and was flustered. "My...uh...cousin! Yea, she made me braid her hair when we were...umm...little." He actually learned how to do many types of braids from watching hair stylists braid models' hair at photo shoots.

"Well if playing with my hair will prevent you from playing and ruining my yarn again, then sure." Chat awkwardly scratched that back of his neck, recalling his last visit where he spent the whole time unraveling all of her balls of yarn.

"Yea...Sorry 'bout that." Marinette rolled her eyes while removing the elastic from her slim wrist. She threw it at him and turned around. Marinette was grateful to have him as a friend. When she's Ladybug, their time is limited and they can never hang out without the press annoying them. Chat picked up the brush to rid her hair of any tangles.

"What type of braid would my purr-incess desire?"

"A French braid, please."

"Anything fur you." Marinette reached back and smacked his knee. "How dare you hit a pure, innocent kitty-cat?" He sniffled and pretended to sob. She laughed and he started to braid, picking up hair from the top of her head.

Chat's attention was divided between two of his favorite things: Marinette and Marinette's cookies. He loved playing with her hair but he desperately wanted to eat. Since he is a model, Adrien is forced to follow a strict diet, consisting of small, bland meals. His last meal was a salad with a steak the size of his fist that he had at 7pm. Her pink clock read "12:26 a.m." His stomach growled loud enough for Marinette to hear. She picked up a cookie and held it behind her head, waving it side to side.

"Here, kitty-kitty. Wanna treat?"

"Thank you Purr-incess!"He gladly accepted it, grabbing it with his teeth. Chat ate the cookie and braid was up to the tip of her ears. "So why were you trying to braid you hair?"

"Alya put my hair up in one earlier today.." As she talked, Adrien recalled what happened before he had to leave.