Chapter Two: Lysandre

Murky was dusk as lightning outraged over Mavens' Edge. The sky's roar reverberated all over the land as it wept hard. Gloom will end this day and the night will come upon us cold and wet. But after such gloom you'll have the flowers abloom with the petrichor from the moor. Lysandre thought as he went inside his room.

Inside the sacred and ancient castle of Mavenforge, you can see the world. The Verge spreads endlessly towards the east. A sea that sparkles day and night but for now, it is disturbed and dull. The Glacierite mountains in the north, and its majestic summit could also be seen. The longest mountain range where the highest point could also be found. The White Fang they call it for it is always covered with snow and stands like a fang of a dragon. South is where you can find the moors always filled with mists. You could only see its mouth, but today none of it is visible. Dread Moors is what they call it. Old people speak of its legend. Calm as it may seem from the outside but nobody knows the terrors that live inside the moors.

What is it that we have for today? A letter from Arcana. The lords and ladies would surely love to hear from Arcana. Lysandre rolled out the letter and began to read it in silence.

"Greetings from Arcana,

The great masters of Arcana had been deliberating for several days after sea levels had increased with dark clouds becoming too often far east and had come up to a prediction that a great storm is upon us. Summer ends on the day after the next pitch black moon and when autumn comes expect of frequent rains and winds that may damage crops and even houses. The storm is deemed to be the strongest in century and will come as soon as autumn enters. The currents of the sea had started to change which is why the storm will be powerful. People should be warned of this occurrence to allow necessary preparations and safety measures before it hits every part of the land.

Interesting. The Royal council would surely love to hear these things. Pondering while on bed, Lysandre haven't noticed he had fallen asleep, with the letter being held by his left hand as it rested on his belly.

A dream came to him, dark and filled with taint of dead bodies. Inside the forest he ran as fast as he could while deep in the darkness the red eyes watched and chased him. I am not alone. He thought as he heard men shouting as they ran just like him. As keen as an eagle, Lysandre observed the events happening. Swift as the wind it came and three men had fallen. It came once more until there's only three of them left. Lucky they were for they reached the open grounds before they were even killed. Voices filled the forest as footsteps came. Lysandre had never been frightened like this. He felt the power of his legs being drained. He could not run nor move. Then he saw from distance, the knights who were killed, standing, like they didn't have any wounds, nor pain to be felt. Then the murky figures of them came towards him. Voices he heard. Someone called his name. Lysandre! Then he felt a hand on his shoulders. He jousted and woke up from the dream.

"Lord Donovan?" he asked as he catch his breath. Donovan was already holding the letter when he woke up.

"Lord Lysandre, I believe I saved you from your dreams." Donovan chuckled as he laid his eyes on the letter. "You look horrible." He added

"Do I?" Lysandre asked as they burst into laughter.

"Hmmm. A letter from Arcana. So it is true then, magic has awakened." Uttered the lord Donovan as he laid the paper on the desk beside the window.

"I am afraid so but yes."

The skies were already calm and stars start to appear in the night sky. The rains had stopped. The surroundings are cool and the petrichor had reached the keep. It went through the slightly opened window from Lysandre's room. Soothing it was.