t w o

phil

"can you carry these for me?" i ask the dusky haired boy and he glares at me for the twentieth time that morning, literally throwing his dusting sponge on the floor and snatching the books from me.

"of course your majesty," he spits, rolling his eyes and giving me a sarcastic dimpled smile. i just shrug apologetically and grab my laptop and some other books before following him towards the empty elevator. his finger jabs the button of the elevator impatiently as i stand behind him, checking my watch.

it's almost seven in the morning and the rain is relentlessly pouring all over the city. i can hear the faint pattering, as the shallow lighting falls upon the planked library. it's kind of soothing, watching the rain fall continuously from the large window, but i would like to keep it that way. i like rain only from a distance, and i know as soon as i step out of this library into the piercing shower, i am going to be pissed at myself for not bringing an umbrella.

"so you're just going to stand there and watch the rain fall? how depressing can you get?" the dark eyed boy snaps me out of my thoughts and i look back at him, a small frown on my face.

"why are you so rude?" i rhetorically ask and he just rolls his eyes at me.

the metal doors have finally opened, and the tanned boy walks in first, an exhausted scowl plastered on his face as he rests his back against the elevator wall.

"what floor?" he barks and adjust my glasses before answering.

"well obviously the ground floor," i stare at him and he sighs, realising the stupidity of his question and i laugh silently at his embarrassed expression.

"don't laugh at me, dick," he mutters as the elevator moves painstakingly slow, and i raise my eyebrows at his harsh language.

"that's not very nice of you," i mock him and he just raises his middle finger at me. i am about to reply to his gesture but before i can, the elevator floor tremors the light flickering, and i loose my balance a little bit before the machine completely stops.

the bright light in the elevator has gone off, leaving behind the dim afterglow of the barely there sun and i turn to look at the guy beside me. his mouth is agape in shock and he takes a huge stride towards the elevator gates, the books in his hands are now dropped on the floor.

"what the hell!" he yells, literally slamming his hands harshly on the metal doors, pressing every button on the side trying to get the elevator to work but i know that it's no use. i have been stuck in this elevator multiple times alone, the only difference is that this time, it's with an attractive stranger.

--

i kind of want to keep this book simple, like there's not much 'literary pleasing' content here, it's kind of an informal way of writing but i thought it should be a bit laid back. what do you guys think?😳