Chapter Three

I walk through the cafeteria with my tray in my hands, my eyes sweeping across the room before I spot my blonde haired friend, Cindy, who's hands are waving frantically as she talks to our other two friends. I roll my eyes and sigh inwardly before strolling over.

"So.." I say, my hands slapping the table. "What's happened today Cindy?" I comment but my voice is monotone. Cindy loves gossip and she loves to share it with us. "Well, you know the Styles forest?" She says with a devious look in her eye. 

"Who doesn't?" Tom remarks through a bite of his sandwich.

"Well, there's been another murder in the woods, this time a boy from our school." I take a sip of my drink and then pause. My mind flashing back to the whispers between the teachers and the empty seat in a few of my classes. The boys name was Marty Crouch. "How do you know this? Surely it would be all over the news by now?"

Cindy smiles and leans in closer, we all follow. For once, I'm genuinely interested in the news of a murder in that forest, I do not believe in the rumours surrounding it but it always makes the news headline. "Because the manner in which he was killed was different to the others, they say he had the letter B on his chest, written in his own blood. His hands were tied up and he was hung from a tree."

The nature of his death was horrendous, the others normally had a single bite mark to the neck and scratches across their back, apparently the 'wolf' had knocked them down before killing them. Their bodies were always dumped in the ditch beside the main road and the forest. As if allowing the families of the deceased to mourn and give them a proper burial. I always thought that it was a family of killers, once that were raised on a tradition to continue the killings through different generations. I believed this due to the only sign that a wolf was behind the attacks was the howl that was always present on Halloween night.

"Well how did you find this out Cindy?" I ask eagerly, she looks at me and smiles. "I knew this would make you believe." I shake my head, my eyes glaring at her. "I still don't believe in them, it's impossible and it sounds like something from Twilight and we all know how that worked out. Now spill the beans, how did you find that out?"

"Well, I was making out with Zayn in the teachers bathrooms when I heard the executive principle walk in with another teacher, they were talking about what to do and if they should inform the students."

"Holy shit." Liam, our other friend remarks. A smudge of tomato ketchup on his cheek.

"What?" Cindy states, her eyes glancing down at her sparkly nail varnish.

"I've just had an idea!"

I realise I haven't bit into my sandwich so I quickly take a bite. "Well...are you going to spill dumbass?"

"Halloween is a week away and Bella still doesn't believe in the rumours, so what if we go into the woods ourselves and see if it is true? Maybe then Bella won't be such a realist."

-

Hi guys! I am back! Today was my last day of sixth form and that means NO MORE EXAMS OR HOMEWORK! I am free until I start my job in a couple of months and I plan to update daily.

I hope you all are wonderful and you're enjoying school or your summer holiday!

Comment your thoughts!

-Selena x