Prologue

BOOM! I dove for cover as a Panther’s round tore up a British soldier near me. A squad of German soldiers was advancing on our camp! A rattle of bullets started up. I pulled out my m1 Garand and shot a German who was pulling a Luger on me. I took his panzer-Faust and used it to blow the panther up, then I engaged the enemy. When I ran out of ammo, I took out my pistol and ran up to another tank.

I climbed up the side and hammered on the top. As soon as I saw the top of the soldiers head, I shot. I pitched his body over the side of the tank. I then shot each of the Germans inside the tank. I swung the turret around and blew up three other tanks before the Germans started retreating. I popped out of the tank and gave a “WOOHOO!” and almost got shot by a straggler.

“We’re not out of the woods yet, kid!” my cousin Alan said as he shot the man.

“Thanks Alan” I said.

“No problem, now let’s find out why we were attacked and he rushed off to the captains barracks.

   .          .          .

“-the hell do you mean, that was only a scout party?” Alan was yelling when I walked in.

“I’m saying that there is a whole battalion on the way, so get to the watch tower! You there,” the sergeant pointed to me. “Tell everyone to prepare for an entire panzer division.”

“What about backup?” I asked.

“The nearest allied division is in its own battle. Now go!”

“Yessir” I said. Alan just stomped away.

I ran to the camp announcement microphone thing.

“Attention! Seventieth infantry division and forty-second British divisions prepare for attack! All civilians get to bomb shelters. The city ofSaarbrücken will not fall!” my voice could be heard across the whole camp.

   .          .            .

There were a few days of frantic setting up when they finally arrived. The first shot was fired at 7:24 a.m.

“Bazooka, bazooka, bazooka, bazooka,” said a guy handing out heavy weapons while the sirens blared. “Go blow up some tanks for us!”

I rushed to the frontline and did just that. I shot two tanks and then handed my bazooka to a soldier near me.  I dove under a Tiger and put a claymore on the bottom of it and got the hell out of there. I was admiring the BOOM! When I felt the muzzle of a gun pressed to the back of my head.

“Turn around so I can shoot you honorably!” the German officer said.

Yeah, right. Like I’m gonna die in the beginning of my story. I spun around and kicked the gun from his hand and shot him three times in the head.

“Ivan!”

I turned to see where that came from and got shot in the heart.

“That’s for killing my brother you American &@$^#%)!!!” was the last thing I heard.