Chapter 3

What he meant by “cheat codes” was kick@#$ new abilities.

First, the Dǽmon serum gave us extreme agility. I could jump four meters into the air.

Second, we got wings grafted into our backs. The three meter tall wings were almost like batwings, only red.

Finally, we got a sweet, really futuristic arm weapon. It was about a foot long and it sort of melded with my arm.

It’s called a LOKI (Laser Operated Killing Instrument). LOKIs were the most futuristic weapon Hell had at the time, which was really advanced. Among other things, like being nearly indestructible, the LOKI had a one foot blade that could be retracted and could shoot out, attached to a super strong rope, to be a grappling hook/tripwire/crossbow thing. It also had a touchscreen that could be used for something called the “internet”; receive messages from Hell, and checking things I have scanned.

The LOKI’s key feature was its laser technology. There was a small hole under the output of the blade, from which the LOKI shot a variety of different lasers.  There was a display screen on the selection dial and when you twisted the dial, the screen would change to a different laser. The first one on the screen was scanner, then stun which could be charged to full on lightning bolt! Also there was a flamethrower (not really a laser, but whatever), mini missile launcher (also not laser), wireless signal scrambler, electromagnet and others. The blade and the lasers were triggered by my mind and the LOKI allowed me to shape shift!

As we were messing with our new toys a Hitler-Devil spoke.

“Now that you know how to play the game, you need the rules.”