Chapter 2: Accept yourself

We live in a society where being different is something to be ashamed of,difference often scares many people and as a result of being in fear of what they do not know, understand or accept, society starts to discourage the difference, it starts telling us that being different is not something we should be, oh if it was up to society we would all have the same color skin, the same hair, the same tone, the same beliefs and the same dreams, but it is not up to society what we are and we can be, it is all up to us, but none of us will be able to achieve any of this if we do not accept ourselves first.

The trick to the road of self discovery is that we need to first accept ourselves as we are in order for us to be able to become better versions of ourselves. Accepting ourselves means not only acknowledging our favorite parts of ourselves and the parts of ourselves that people often praise, but it means accepting our toxic traits, our flaws, the things about us that often stop us from becoming better people and becoming the best versions of ourselves. Acknowledging only the best part of ourselves and the parts of ourselves that we love is awesome, truly it is, but those are not the only parts that we are made of, we are made of the good and the bad, and the unfortunate thing about toxic traits and behaviors that are ignored and tossed aside for the next person to deal with is that they often grow.

accepting ourselves is very important in knowing who you are, we can not accept others and who they are when you are unable to do the same thing for ourselves. 

When we accept ourselves and the people that we are at our best and at our worst, then we are often closer to knowing who we are,.Who are is complex indeed and can often not be described using words or any other system that may exist to measure who a person is, but it is necessary that we do it, because it is when we do this that we are able to conquer and change all of our toxic traits, we are able to become the better versions of ourselves that we often aspire to become.

Being Kind to yourself is very important, but this we are unable to do when we are constantly condemning ourselves for past mistakes. Realize that the mistake is in the past and there is no way known to mankind that allows us to go back in time and change anything that we have done in the past. No matter how dark your past may be, accept it, because it too is a part of you.