Chapter 34

*3 days later*

We finally get to take Katherine home today and I was excited to see what Julia did to the house. We weren't finished with the bedroom when my water broke so Dylan had Julia finish it.

I was in a little pain from giving birth and I had to work on walking while Dylan carried Katherine in her car seat to the car. I slipped into the front of the car and Dylan buckled Katherine into the back.

Dylan drove slowly and very carefully, I was still in pain and our daughter was in the back. The drive was short because all I did was turn and watch our baby and make sure she was alright in the back while Dylan was driving and she seemed fine.

Julia came running out of the door to help me out of the car while Dylan got Katherine. "How are you feeling" she asked me as she helped me walk inside "I'm good but really sore" I said wincing as I sat down on the couch "bring her in here Dylan" I called as he walked in.

He brought the bonnet in with him while Julia held Katherine, he set the bonnet in front of me for when we decided to put her down for a nap. Julia handed her to me and I gently pulled her to my chest, when I pulled her back down I took in every inch of her beautiful little face.

She was asleep for the moment, and Dylan had sat down next to me on the couch. "She's beautiful" he whispered to me as he put his arm around me "I can't believe she's finally here" I said, I looked over at Dylan "Do you wanna hold her" I asked and he immediately opened his arms.

I gently set her down in his arms, I remember his exact face when she first came out. Tears streaming down his face as he realized he was now a father. Seeing his smiling down at her made my heart swell with joy and love. I decided to pull out my phone and take a picture of them, the flash was on so after I took it Dylan looked at me.

"My two favorite people in one picture" I said with a smile "Could you grab my phone and take one for me?" He asked as he motioned for me to grab his phone in his front pocket. I reached into his pocket grabbing his phone, I opened his phone and took a few pictures. His eyes never left our daughter and he had a big grin plastered on his face.

I got on my phone and tweeted out the picture I took of them it said "You can see the love for his daughter all over his face :)" I locked my phone and looked over at him. He stood up and gently put her down in her bonnet, "Should we move her to our room?" He asked and I nodded, yawning.

"I've got her, you go to bed" he said picking up the bonnet. I trusted him but I still hesitantly left, he was right behind me though. "Where do you want her?" I asked quietly and he set her at the foot of the bed and I just let it go. I flopped down on the bed "I'm so tired" I said as he took off his shirt and pants and exchanged them for just a pair of shorts.

Seeing him shirtless still leaves me breathless, no matter how many times I see him like this. "If I'm honest" I started as he layed down turning to face me "I never thought we would be here, I know I've said that a lot, but its the truth" I said

"I'm glad this happened, in fact I couldn't be happier, I've got the perfect girl, the perfect daughter and there's nothing more I could ask for" he said pulling me towards him, I moved and buried my head in his chest.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, ever since I met you when we were teens, I knew you were the one" he whispered as he kissed me head and I smiled "I'm sorry it took me so long to realize what I had right in front of me" I said looking up at him.

He smiled "Dont be" he said leaning down and kissing my lips softly "I'm just happy it happened when it did" he said after he pulled away, I layed there and just was staring at his face, his perfect cheekbones and jawline. All the way to his soft lips and beautiful brown eyes, what did I do to deserve him.

I kissed him on the lips once more "goodnight, I love you" I said as I snuggled back into his chest "I love you more" he said softly as I felt him press his lips to the top of my head. His arms wrapped peotectivly around me and we both drifted off to sleep.