Introduction

"Listen Rivers, there's only one way I can accept bounding our businesses together, and it is that you take my niece Lucy as your daughter in law. Marry her to your son Joshua or Jacob, I don't care as long as you take her cause I don't know what to do with her anymore." Old Mr Gale said to Mr Rivers. Both were looking at each other, not knowing where this conversation would end.

"What do you mean you don't know what to do with her? Is that easy for you to give your niece to a stranger ? Do you think it's easy for me to ruin one of my son's marital life ? You can't ask me that Gale..." Mr Rivers was shocked and surprised. To him, arranged marriages didn't exist since the last century... In the US, at least... .

"I'm in charge of her since she's 1 year old! My dumb brother died in an accident with his wife and Mary and I thought the baby would died too, but to all's surprise, she survived. I wanted to throw her out of my house as soon as she got 18 but she owns a part of the house ... It was my parents manor and they gave it to both me and my stupid brother and so she inherited a part of it when her parents died."

"What did she do to deserve to be married to a stranger ? Did you ask her ? Will she be okay ?"

"Don't worry about her, she's an oyster. She will do whatever I ask her to do. Listen, this is my last offer. I need to get rid of her. I want to sell the manor and move far away from here but I can't cause if she knows she owns something of that house, I'll have to give her part of the benefits and I'd rather die than giving her anything. I will make her sign that she gives up on the house in the marriage contract, she won't even notice. As soon as she gets married, you'll receive what you need to keep your business on boat. You're my last chance and I'm your last chance. Deal?"

Mr Rivers was lost in his thought. The young woman seemed to be awful hearing how his uncle talked about her. He despised her and he wanted to find out why first so he came up with an idea.

"I hear you Gale and I'd be please to marry your niece to my son. As far as I know, Joshua is still dating his long time girlfriend but Jacob might still be single. I'll talk about her to Jacob but we at least have to meet her. Bring her and your lovely wife Mary to dinner tonight. You can bring the lovely Nicole too, of course..."

Mr Gale got up with a big smile on his face, Mr Rivers followed and they shook their hands.

"Rivers! You made my day! We'll be here at 7pm." He said as he was walking towards the door.

"See you tonight then." Rivers said while closing the door. He put his hand on his head hoping that his son Jacob will appreciate the young girl. For now, he didn't want to tell him anything about this marriage, wishing they would fall in love at first sight.

Hi guys, thanks for reading my story ! I hope you'll enjoy it ! I am sorry if I misspelled or misused some words, my first language isn't English :)

This is a very short introduction but this way, we understand better the story.

FoLlowing very soon, chapter 1.