Chapter 1 - The meeting

Mr Rivers was looking anxiously at the clock. "Only ten minutes left before they arrive" he thought. He didn't talk about the awful proposition Mr Gale made him accept to neither his wife nor his sons. He was so ashamed that he accepted but he didn't sign anything yet! He wasn't forced to marry one of his son to Mr Gale's niece yet ! "Let's meet her first... let's meet her...".

Jacob, the youngest Rivers in the household, was in his room. As usual, he was working. Working hard to get his dad's business out of the problems it got. Mr Rivers, his father, lost most of the investors of the firm because he refused to fire 80% of his workers to delocate the company in Asia. He was a kind hearted man and deeply loved the thought that the company permitted his workers to live decently. He couldn't bring the thought that they would eventually have to be unemployed.

Jacob deeply loved his father. To him, he was the perfect example of what he wanted to be. Kind, smart, charismatic, funny... . Since he was a kid, his father was his role model. Josh, his brother also loved his father but he was more like his mother. Rather shy and introverted. He was an artist and worked in a famous art gallery and he was so grateful to have Jacob work for his father instead of him.

It was almost 7 pm when Mr Rivers came in Jacob's room.

"Hi son, what are you up to?" asked Mr Rivers.

"Nothing father, I was just looking at the plans you gave me last time about the layout of the main factory" answered Jacob, still focused on his work.

Mr Rivers smiled and put his hand on his son's shoulder.

"You're doing a great job, Jake. But for now on, I want you to stop what you're doing and come dine with us. We have the visit of Mr Gale and his family tonight" said Mr Rivers with a smile

"Argh, Mr Gale... I hate this old man..." thought Jacob but he knew that he invited him for a reason and it was for money investment. He got up and smiling back to his father he said "okay dad ! Just give me 10 minutes, I need to take a shower and I'll be right back."

As soon as Mr Rivers got out of the room, Jacob went to take a shower. He tried to relax because he didn't want anyone to notice how anxious he was about the company.

He let his thoughts go far away... and then he thought about her... he fell his heart ache. "Not now... not now...". Why was he thinking about her now? He didn't need this tonight. But the fact that he was showering in this actual bathroom instead of the one he designed for her or sleeping in a bed where she wasn't, made him think about her... always. As soon as he finished his shower, he got dressed. He chose a dark gray darted trousers, a white shirt that he wore under a black Ralph Lauren sweater and black shoes. He tamed his light brown hair and put some of his favorite perfume and he finally was ready to go and werlcome the guests.

"Time to fish for money..." he thought.

The doorbell sang and Jacob went to open. The first person he greeted was Mr Gale.

"Good evening, Mr Gale" he said "it's a pleasure to have you here for dinner"

"Pleasure is mine" said Mr Gale. He was a very skinny and tall old man with a bad look on his face thought Jacob. "This is my wife, Mary " he said while introducing a blonde woman who looked like she put too much make up on and too much time on the surgery table. She was wearing white dress that seemed not of her age. "And this is my treasure, my daughter Nicole" he said when a blonde girl with small blue eyes showed up looking at Jacob like he was a beef burger. She was wearing a blue dress that suited her perfectly. She visibly had a very good body thought Jacob.

"This is so nice to meet you, I'm Nicole and i'm 23. You are looking great ! What's your name again?"

"I'm Jacob, nice to meet you" he said looking a bit un-eased by the way she imposed herself.