Chapter Fifteen

"Come on you goddamn f-" my dads head pokes in my door "-fudging hamster." I finish with my hand above it.

"Hunny. I think it's dead. Why are you even trying to use your powers. You know your not supposed to till I find that trainer." He says walking in to my room. He walks up to me and wraps on arm around my waist pulling me into a side hug.

"Because Granger and his mate met Gabby's parents. They found their herd and her mom is blind. Granger asked if I could do anything and I really want to help him." I say and he nods.

"I know. But Lucy. You really shouldn't perform without someone here. We don't know what powers you have and you could hurt yourself and we wouldn't even know it." He says and smiles at me. I nod and look at him again. His eyes are troubled.

"What's wrong daddy?" I ask in my little girl voice I always use on him to make him tell me the first time.

"I don't know what to do for your mother and I's anniversary. It's in a week and I have nothing." He says and I hug him.

"Take her on a date. One you know she can't forget, bring her home. Go your your guys' room and ma...mmmmm" I say and glare when he covers my mouth.

"Say no more." He says with a mortified face and I giggle.

"And mmmmmm" he covers my mouth again and kisses my forehead.

"You could always cook for her instead. Make something nice for her." I say and he nods and thanks me. Just as he's about to walk out I remember something.

"WAIT!!!!!" I yell scaring him.

"Come here." I say walking to my desk.

"Mom gave me a book of old recipes grandpa use to cook for her and her mother. I don't think she looked through it because I found these recipes labels 'Laura's favorites'. It's a whole meal. A main course. And a dessert." I say and take them out of the book.

"Make these for her. I doubt she had it before. I'll take her out and you link me when it's ready. I'll also have a present from the family for you guys." I say and he nods.

"Also buy her something.
Decorate the family's floor of the palace. Me and Granger will stay in guest rooms a floor down and you'll have the whole SOUNDPROOF floor to yourselves." I say and he glares at my large hint.

"You really shouldn't think of your parents doing that young lady. Or yourself. Don't even think about it. That's gross." He says and I giggle.

"Why not think of the way I was made. Wait. Don't answer that. I understand now that I'm thinking about it." I say with a disgusted face.

"I told you not to. Now stop thinking about it." He says and I laugh knowing he's reading my mind.

"Whatever." I say and hand him the recipes.

"Actually." I say taking them back.

"So mom can't find them. Get them out of the book when I leave with mom." I say and he nods and kisses my forehead.

"Thanks baby girl." He says and I nod.

"I'll have your outfit in my closet." I say and he groans.

"Yes mother." He says and I grimace.

"Not that I don't like grandma dad but that's a little scary." I say and he nods grimacing too.

"Yeah. I shouldn't have said that." He says and walks out of my room. After I'm sure he's gone I quickly run out of my room and down to the rest of the family's floor on the floor below. I run to grandma and grandpa's room and knock. I hear a 'come in' and quickly walk in slamming the door closed.