Decorating the Nursery

*Niall*

"Congratulations Niall. You are the father of 2 beautiful girls." Those words kept playing in my head from last night. I was a father. Whenever I thought about it, I couldn't help but smile.

Louis was on his way over and then him, the girls, and I were going shopping; to buy things for the nursery and other baby essentials. I was putting my shoes on after I made sure the girls were ready and in their carriers, when my phone went off. It was a text from Louis saying he was here. I pick up the carriers after I made sure I had my wallet and keys and left.

We went to the 'Babies R Us' first, and got everything we needed for the girl's nursery, and then we went to the Costco and bought other baby essentials such as diapers, wipes, formula, bottles; and also food for us. When we arrived home, Louis started pulling out some bags while I unbuckled the girls.

"Do you need any help?" I heard a voice behind me say. It startled me, so I jumped a little and bumped my head on the ceiling of the car. I turned around, while rubbing the top of my head, and saw Kimberly, Maria, and Michelle standing by the car. They looked like they just arrived back from the gym.

"Sure. If one of you grabs the other baby, the other 2 can help me with the bags." Louis said. With the 5 of us it took 2 trips, including someone staying with the car and then again with babies. "Oh Niall, I called Zayn while we were at Costco he said he would be glad to do it and that he will be over in a few to paint them."

"Awesome. In the meantime, let's feed these 2 and put them down for a nap. And then we can put away the groceries and call El and Perrie to come help decorate."

"We can feed the girls while you guys put away the groceries." Kimberly said as she picked up Kathleen and handed her to Michelle, and then proceeded to pick up Skylor. I grabbed 2 bottles from the fridge and handed one to each of them.

"These need to be warmed up. It is better for the babies if the milk is warm and they enjoy it more." Michelle said as she grabbed both bottles and handed Kathleen to me. "I need a medium sized sauce pan." Louis showed her where the pots and pans were while he was putting away the cold groceries. She filled the pan, and set it on the stove to boil; after that she placed the bottles the hot water. A few minutes later, she tapped each bottle tops to her wrist. She handed one to Kimberly before taking Kathleen back from me. Over the next 30 minutes, they had the babies fed and taking a nap, we had the groceries put away and Zayn, Perrie, and Eleanor showed up, to help us paint the nursery.

"We are going to change and then we will be back to help."

"You don't have to have to." I protested.

"But we want to." Kimberly told me and then they left. In the meantime we got everything set up to paint the nursery.

*Michelle*

We rode the elevator up to our floor, we are the only apartment on the floor, then we walked into our rooms to change. After I was done I sat down on the edge of my bed and picked up a few things from my night stand, I felt my eyes begin to water as I looked at them.

"Kimberly was called in, so whenever you're ready we can lea-." I heard Maria say from the doorway. Then I felt the bed next to me sink in and arms wrap around me.

"I know it must hurt, especially being around them so much."

"Actually I think being around the girls may be helping. It doesn't hurt as much as it used to. I just can't help but wonder what life would be like now if things had been different. And wish things had different. If I had never met Cole, then I would never be going through all this pain. Especially this time of year."