Chapter 4: How He Feels

- 3 Days Later -

[ July 1st, Friday ]

~ Kian's Pov. ~

Amanda: Morning Kian!

Kian: Morning mom.

Amanda: Morning Trevor!

Trevor: Morning Mama!

He says jogging to her and giving her a big hug and she gladly of course embraces him. They hold that position for a while.

Amanda: Morning Kylie. Morning Carter.

Kylie&Carter: Morning Grandma.

Amanda: They are so adorable when they say things in sync.

Kian: Really they want to freak people out, but everyone just finds it adorable.

Amanda: It really is.

Kian: Sometimes they do it on purpose, sometimes it just by accident, but you could tell the difference between them doing it on purpose or not.

Amanda: You guys planning to do anything today? Anything with Jc?

She says in odd tone making me raise my eyebrow.

Kian: Why'd you say it like that?

Amanda: Like what?

Kian: Like doing something with Jc is more than what you're thinking

Amanda: I wasn't thinking anything like that, you just been spending all week together all day and you never told me how things between you two are.

Kian: We're good, nothing much has changed. You know we talked everyday when I was in New York and we Skyped a stuff, it's not like we stopped being friends. We can't especially when we have kids together and we've been best friends for 12 years, that's too much to lose.

Amanda: I understand that.

Kian: The past week we've just been chilling.

Amanda: I'm kind of surprised you guys still have that bond after you guys went through that and you left when you guys weren't talking. Then 5 years later you come back and finally see each other.

Kian: It's been one actually.

Amanda: One year?

Kian: Yea one.

Amanda: When did you guys see each other?

Kian: He was in New York, he texted me and we started talking. Then he came out there to see the twins and would stay up to 1 to 3 weeks, but he did that for about a year and a half, then for another year and half, he would come every 2 months and stay for like a 1 day and half to see the twins, when he learned about Simon moving into my apartment, he just kind of slowed that down. Eventually never did it at all.

Amanda: That's amazing of him to fly across the country so often to see his kids.

Kian: Yea, I told him I would come to him, but he said he liked to come to out there and travel, plus he goes out there for work purposes, but he didn't in the past year.

Amanda: Do you know why?

Kian: No, he just did, but he Skyped more with them and it would last for like an hour or maybe a little more since they still had that bond.

Amanda: Did they every ask for him when he was coming to see them?

Kian: Yea, but they ended up forgetting that he visits and just getting over it eventually.