Part 2

The dull ache in the base of my back reminded me of how little sleep I had. I always did have a vivid imagination with some wild dreams. It didn't help that the neighbors were loud, and thumping shook my room from early this morning.

With my purse on my shoulder, I made my way through the crowded streets of downtown L.A. The sun was extremely hot, and made it painfully obviously how much I wasn't prepared for the heat. Not knowing what to prepare for, I was currently dressed in a t-shirt and capri pants. 

Taking a glance to the side, a sigh of relief filled me as I spotted a coffee shop. With renewed excitement, I pushed into the building and a wave of cold air hit me. I took a deep breath in, and sighed happily as the smell of cocoa and vanilla swirled in the air.

The smell made me remember just how much I missed home. Mom always had this scent in the living room.

Stepping up to order, I pushed away my thoughts. 

They made my drink, and the guy behind the counter had a friendly smile.

As I paid and turned to find a nice place to relax, I suddenly ran straight into a hard wall. Scorching hot wet liquid doused the front of my shirt.

Dumbfounded, I stood there, my eyes wide. It took me a full minute to look up into the eyes of what I thought was a wall. It most certainly was not a wall. This wall certainly had some of the most beautiful honey eyes I'd ever seen.

"Woah, are you okay?" He jumped, suddenly shocked.

"I am, can, uh, fine. English works. Totally. Great." I sighed. Great way to embarrass yourself (y/n). In front of a really hot guy, too. 

I winced slightly as I realized just how scalding hot his coffee must have been, and still is.

"Here, let me help." He grabbed a handful of napkins and shoved them against my shirt.

"HOT!" I pulled the shirt off my skin. He patted at the material. That's when I realized how awkward this situation was. "Let me".

I pulled the napkins from his hands and dabbed at the front of my shirt. Letting go of the fabric, it snapped against my skin, outlining the front of me. I blushed darkly, glancing around.

He dropped to the ground and wiped up the coffee that landed on the ground. It appeared that most of it was soaked up with my shirt, so he didn't do much. I just stood there awkwardly until he stood back up, tossing the garbage away.

"Well, uh, okay. Thanks. Sorry. I'm still not sure what happened..."

"Oh man. Bad impressions. How about I buy you a new drink, and a new shirt so you're not walking around drenched."

That's when I realized that he was also drenched in coffee. "Did I spill my drink on you, too?" I asked dumbly.

He chuckled a deep, melodic, laugh, and shrugged slightly. "I guess so. Does this mean you accept my offer?"

"I have nothing better to do."

"Great!" he took my hand. Bewildered, I followed him out of the coffee shop, and he walked briskly, stopping long enough for us to walk side by side. "I never caught your name. I'm Mark."

"Hello Mark, I'm (y/n)." I reintroduced myself. He smiled, chuckling lightly. I noticed he let go of my hand as we walked. I took the time to study him. He had black hair, the top section dyed red. He was wearing glasses and a handsome smile. He was dressed in a grey plaid shirt and jeans.

"How are you not dying in this heat?" I questioned.

He giggled. "This isn't hot. This is magnificent weather. It isn't even 90 out."

I huffed out a long breath, swiping my hair off my face and behind my ear.

"So tell me, where are you from?"

"IS it that obvious that I'm not from around here?"

He shrugged. "Aside from how you talk and walk. Noooo, Noot at all." he said in a joking tone, smirking.

"Really, cuz' I thought I had everyone fooled." I giggled softly. My accent came out harshly.

"Where'd you move here from, then?"

"Athlone, Ireland."

"Holy fuck, I have friend that lives there."

"Yeah?"

He nodded. "That's a ways away."

I shrugged slightly.

"Just time I grow up, ya'know?"

He smiled. "Yeah. I know."

~.~.~.~

"At least my drink wasn't hot as eff!" I chortled.

He pouted slightly. "I like my coffee hot, just like me."

I couldn't help laughing, trying to catch my breath. He laughed, too.

"So," I finally started to say. We were currently sitting with our bare feet dipped into a fountain, shade from a few planted trees covering our heads as we sipped our smoothies. I was dressed in a simple, most least-expensive shirt I found in the shop that Mark decided to get our fresh change of clothes from. "Where do you work?"

"Well, I actually work from home. " He stated bashfully. "I'm a youtuber. I make videos for a living."

My eyes lit up and I smiled softly. "Really? I have a channel, too; for my game creation/ progress points. I'm proud of my 51 subscribers. It's small, but I love them."

I swore he blushed. "Yeah... I have a few more than that."

"Congrats." I smiled at him, sipping my smoothie. "What's your channel name?"

"Markiplier."

The name rang loudly in my ears. "Markiplier?" he nodded. "Markiplier..." Where could I have heard that name from...

"Wait! Did you start a few years ago? Did you play 'Dead Space'? No wait, you played 'Cry of Fear', right?"

"Hey, how'd you know that?"

"You were the first person I ever watched on Youtube. My brother and I would bond over those gameplays!" I giggled lightly, blown away. "You had so few subscribers. I thought you were so cool, putting yourself out to the wide wide world like that!"

"That was in 2012 I think. Wow. Those games are ancient."

He chuckled, and I couldn't help the smirk. 

Mark bumped into my shoulder. "So, you stopped watching my videos?"

"Yeah, I guess I forgot with the whole get-good-grades to pass high school. My bad." I bumped him back. 

"Enough about me. I want to know more about the girl I bumped into. You said you had a brother, is he your only sibling?"

"No, I'm the closest to Sean, but I also have 4 other siblings. I'm the Wee babee. What about you?"

"I have an older brother."

I gasp "IS this fate?! We both the babees? Twinsies!" I bumped his shoulder again.

"I'm the cuter one."

"In your dreams, buddy."