Part 5

I couldn't stop smiling. Mark was funny, and very addicting to watch. Not only him, but other youtubers as well. I found myself falling into the cyclone of addiction to these people.

Standing up from my bed to stretch, I couldn't help but feel giddy for some odd reason. Mark and I spent a lot of time together during the week. And by that, I mean we texted each other daily.The thumping next door has become a regular endurance as the two roommates fight daily.

Today was my first day of work. Ironically, the little coffee shop that I ran into mark at is the place that hired me. I slowly slipped towards the shower to get ready. 

~.~.~.~

It was hard. I realized that all too late. I was constantly on my feet, bustling around. The thrill of people coming up had me smiling. I didn't realize how social this job really was. The customers were generally friendly and nice, and made it easier. My hair was pulled back in a pony tail, but the shorter hairs were slipping into my face.

The door rang, and a group came in. There was a lady and three guys. The girl, short with dark brown hair that faded to a blonde, was obviously courting a baby bump, and the short blonde guy wearing glasses next to her held her hand. I grinned as the two walked up to the counter, eyeing their rings. 

The other two walking behind them seemed apart of the group. The tallest one resembled the the guy holding the girl's hand, both having blue eyes and blonde hair. The last member of their group had darker skin and black hair.

"Hello, what can I get for you all today?" I asked politely. 

They listed off their orders, and I quickly wrote them down.

"What should I put down for the names?" I asked lightly.

"Matthias and Amanda."

"Joey."

"Bryan."

I nodded and began the process of creating their drinks after writing the names down on the cups.

"So, are you new here?" The tall one, Joey, asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, today's my first day." Quickly handing Amanda and Matthias their orders. I turned. "Unless, you're talking about L.A., in which I'm also new here." 

Part of me was struggling to keep up my speed and accuracy as they giggled. "I thought so; we've never seen you before." Bryan said.

"So, I can expect to see you guys often?" I topped Joey's drink off with whip cream before passing it over.

"You could say we're regulars." Matthias chuckled.

I nodded lightly, and finally passed over Bryan's drink. "Well, there you go. Is this a group order today?"

"Yep."

"That comes to a total of 15 dollars and 26 cents."

Matthias passed me a twenty. "Keep the change. For your first day, you're doing great. See it as a tip."

~.~.~.~

I laid on my bed with my legs dangling towards the ground, my feet aching from all the running around I did. I learned that people were very lenient in tips when they learn it's your first day.

My phone buzzed. A sigh escaped my lips as I rolled over and stretched to reach it. Just barely missing it, I wiggled my way up my bed to finally wrap my fingers around the smooth cell phone case.

Pulling it over, I could see a text from Markimoo.

~Markimoo: I'm bored.~

~(y/n): Nice to meet you bored.

~Markimoo: So, how was your first day of work? 

~(y/n): Tiring. parts of my legs hurt in ways I never thought possible. And I thought that after climbing.

~Markimoo: I feel you're over-exaggerating.

~(Y/n): Shut up.

~Markimoo: Nu.

~Markimoo: I bet I can help you feel better tho. ; )

My heart was pounding loudly in my ears as I read that. Biting my lip nervously, I replied back

~ (y/n): Oh? How?

~Markimoo: It's a surprise. But you has to come over for it.

I couldn't think straight as I read that. 

~(y/n): I don't wanna come over tho. I don't wanna move from my bed. I'm comfy.

~Markimoo: You're no fun. : (

~(y/n):  Maybe some other time, k?

~Markimoo: Fine.

I wished him a goodnight and rolled over, my eye lids suddenly heavy. I couldn't stop thinking of what he said. He wanted me to come over. For a surprise.

Why?

My stomach fluttered when I imagined why he asked me to come over.

 Thinking of Mark, though, I couldn't help smiling. 

For once, the noise next door was a blur.

I fell asleep hard.