Chapter 1- Taking Risks

"Get down!" Snapped Victor, his black spartan armor blending in perfectly with the dark night. Beams of Green light flashed around the rock he hid behind, lighting up the rocky mountain. I didn't obey. Since when have I ever listen to him!

Beams of light sprang around me. As the elites tried to shoot me I dodged toward the beacon. Our mission was to take that down so the Covenant's here would be unable to conmunicate to the other bases. As Spartan Team Onyx Had made their through the covnet base to destory the beacon, we had been detected. Our goal was to get in and get out, unnoticed so later team crimson and Majestic could clear out the base. But clearly that wasn't happening.

"Ry!" called Skyler, my twin, concern and fear filled his voice. He shot at something to my left with his DMR. The bullets bouncing off a creature in the dark. I turned my head and say a hunter chasing after me. I could see the fuel rod cannon charging. Green light pouring out of the barrel. I braced myself as well as I could. The green engery zapped out from the cannon. Blasting towards me, I rolled to the side. The Cannon not hitting me but making my teeth chatter from the focus of the blow shaking the ground.

I jumped up and step sided. Letting the Hunter fly past me. It quickly realized what had happened and started to turn around. To late. I threw a plasma grenade at it's back. Than another, and another. I shielded my eyes as the hunter blew up in a big cloud of purple energy.

Sky was suddenly next to me I could imagine him smiling. "Good work" He chuckled. His deep blue visor glittening bright under the thick moon light. The color of Team Onyx was Black. So we each had black armor, but Sky and I stuck out of the rest. I had black and light green armor. While Sky had black and dark blue. We kind of stuck out like a rainbow in a black and white movie. Thats about when I realized we where still being shot at by Elites. A plasma charge slammed into Sky's arm. He tumbled to the ground. The Plasma charge had torn through his armor and into his skin. He grunted in pain as he landed on the ground. The rest of our teammates saw him fall. And started to fight as hard as they could to keep the elite's fire away from use.

"Sky, O'my god" I gasped kneeing next to him. I looked at his arm that was now seeping blood onto his black armor. The blast had cut up more next to his shoulder, and Sky winced in pain as he forced himself up. I helped him limp behind a rock, out of firing range, and set him down. He handed me a grenade, the regular kind. The ones he knew I hated. "Go blast the machine sky high" He ordered me.

I nodded Running into the flashes of gun fire with the grenade gripped firmly in my left hand. I had my pistol in the other. Since most of the gun fire was focus on my teammates it was almost to easy to race into the clearing the beacon was in. It was surrounded completely by stones, making any fighting from the outside won't affect me. Before I could get close enough to throw the grenade I was fired at by grunts. I easily took cover behind a rock.

There was 4 bullets ready to fire in the click. And that's all that I had left. There were 5 grunts. In no world or dimension would I be able to get 5 grunts with 4 bullets. I was a good shot. But the idea that I need to hit 4 moving targets, with 4 bullets where unlikely. I wouldn't be able to miss a single target. It really made me with I had just one more click for my Battle Rifle. I popped up from behind the rock. Successfully aiming and hitting a grunt in the head, purple blood splattering from the bullet hole. I quickly returned to my cover as the grunts open fired on me again. I waited for a few moments, for the shooting to stop. Before sliding a bit out the side of the rock. Aiming quickly and taking the shot of faith.

Like the first one it met it's mark. Making the Grunt flip onto the ground. I retreated behind the rock again. I saw another jaggid rock poking out of the ground. It was super close to the one I was behind. So as the grunts waited for me to poke my head out I dashed to the other rock. They tried to hit me, but I was to quick. As I dashed by I took the risk of firing a shot. Hitting a grunt in the chest. Not exactly what I was aiming for, but it still ended the grunts life quickly.

I pulled up behind the rock. 1 more bullet. I slipped out of the rock again, taking quick aim and shooting at a grunt. Missing, it hit the grunt in the arm and only stunned the little critter.

First thing that came to find was stupid. Very stupid, and risky. Sure, two grunts. That's nothing. Not really Sure elites are tougher. But I really hate Grunts. Almost more than I hate hunters! They just come in larger packs. And... Well I just hate them. I jumped over the rock I was hiding behind and sprinted at the Grunt. Pulling out my long Combat knife. I grabbed the barrel of it's covenant carbonin, ripping the weapon away from the grunt. Swinging the knife into the Grunts gut. Twisting the knife that flinging it out. I fired two shoots at the other grunt. And the blasts hit it's head.

An Elite Slipped from between two rocks on the other side of the Beacon. I fired at the Elite with the gun I'd stolen from the died grunt. I was now close enough to get throw the grenade so it would do what i'd want. Plus, the elite was in blast range. Biting the pin off the grenade as i fired at the Elite. I threw the grenade and it bounced around on the ground. Landing under the beacon. Before the Elite could realize what was happening the grenade blasted him and the beacon sky high.

I smirked, walking away from the beacon that was burning with orange and yellow flames.