Freedom.... Sorta

I hear footsteps approach me and flinch. I hold on tighter to Brayden's shirt shaking. "Is there a reason you have failed to comply?" asks a harsh voice. Finally gaining the  courage to raise my eyes, I let out a small gasp because I realize that this is one of the men who came to our house and who brought us to this place. I slowly shake my head feeling even more terror course through my veins. The man... No the thing reaches down and roughly grabs my arm, dragging me to my feet and yanks my right arm out in front of me. He holds a strange looking device out over my wrist, it makes a strange whirring noise and...
ZAP
I see a bright light and feel a blinding white hot pain travel up my arm and into the rest of my body, before my eyes roll back into my head and I slump to the floor.

Brayden's POV ( betcha weren't expecting this)
I watched as Alyssa fell to the floor unconscious, and waited for the creature to walk away from her body. The moment it did I quietly crawled over to her, I could smell the burnt flesh. I looked at her wrist and clenched my jaw when I saw the large burn mark in the shape of a bar code on her wrist. They were branding us, but for what reason? I felt a slightly warm and thick liquid touch the hand that was by Alyssa's head and looked down to see a small puddle of blood forming. "She must have hit her head as she fell" I mumble quietly to myself. I gently lifted her up and slipped her unbuttoned flannel over shirt off, chuckling when I saw she was wearing her Mickey Mouse tshirt underneath. I quickly ripped the fabric and turned it into a makeshift bandage. When suddenly I was knocked away from her by another one of those creatures, he picked up her limp figure and slung her over his shoulder where three other girls already lay unconscious. They had finished with the girls. I heard multiple boys begin to speak up and complain, when the creatures began carrying the girls out of the room. Suddenly after speaking to the one who had branded all of the girls, a spokesman for the group turned and with a cruel smirk snarled fearsomely at a 14 year old boy whom I couldn't recognize " which one are you so hellbent on protecting" with a trembling hand the boy pointed at a 16 or 17 year old girl with black curly hair and dark skin, "my sister" he says quietly. The creature grabbed the girl and held her against its chest," you want her to stay here, do you" he snarls once more. "Yes" the boy whispers. I watched in horror as the creatures nails lengthened and sharpened before our eyes and he ripped the girls throat out befor dropping her body, where her blood pooled around it. "She may stay now" he laughed cruelly, the rest of his unit joining in. No one spoke we all stared in horror at the girls body, before looking at the boy who had fallen to his knees at her side with his hands on the ground in front of him. He was covered in her blood now, but seemed to shocked and dazed to noticed. When I looked away, they were gone, and so was Alyssa.  I know she was relying on my to protect her, but when that thing grabbed her, I froze. I hope they aren't planning on killing any of the other girls, I'll never forgive myself if she's murdered because I couldn't protect her.

20 minutes later

Those things are back, looks like it's our turn to be branded. I watched as four boys were branded before me, only one of them passed out. The amount of pain the others seemed to be in I hoped I was lucky enough to pass out as well. The creature who killed the girl, grabbed my hand and held my arm still while the leader held the device over my wrist, I heard it whirring and braced my myself for the upcoming pain
ZAP
I saw a bright flash and felt a searing pain shot up my arm and into my body. I hit my knees falling to the floor as electric currents ran through my body. I felt as though I was burning from the inside out. The smell of burnt flesh reached my nostrils and I gagged,knowing it was my own. Through blurry eyes I saw the boy who's sister those things murdered put up a fight, and just like that they killed him too. Then I felt darkness slowly and sweetly consume me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yikes what happens next read on to find out in the next chapter Freedom with a catch.