Chapter-5: A little fun doesn't hurt

Chapter-5 : A little fun doesn't hurt.

It couldn't get any worse. Could it? That spoiled little brat freaking ruined my pjs with ketchup and I stood dumbfounded. I need to get his mind straight. I need to make him realize who he's messed with. I really do.

Sunday morning was a total wastage this week with the epic three that popped out of nowhere. But this was Monday, a school day. I needed to get a lot of things done and I need to teach that asshole a lesson too. Beware babe, my mind whispered.

Blue leggings, a dusty pink cotton t-shirt, and hair in a messy fishtail braid. The last thing I would want to do to make myself suffer was to overdress for school on such warm days.

Mom calls for breakfast while I grab my bag and my phone and head downstairs. Taking a look at the clock, I notice that it's already 7:45 and if I don't hurry I sure am going to be late and that isn't such a good record to put on your image.

"Mom, can you just pack me the sandwich? I'll have it on my way, cause I'm already late." I plead, pointing to the yummy chicken sandwiches Mom has made me and Jack. Don't want to admit but sandwiches remind me of yesterday and how Allen freaking Taylor had spoiled the shit out of my mood. 

"Fine, grab one. And don't be late after school, I got work for you." Mom chuckles, coming out of the kitchen.

"Okay, but what work?" I ask, clumsily furrowing my eyebrows.

"You'll see. Now be quick, or you'll have to attend my classes." She smirks, slightly laughing and knowing that someone who's quite serious about studies, won't like being late to class.

The streets lay quite crowded, with a slight hint in the air of the summer heat fading away as the fall months approach. Something to be both happy and worried about. The reason why I think about worrying is because apparently with the end of summer comes the need to head to Austin. My dad's home. A place which is as beautiful as the people in it, including my grandma and dad's niece; but is as complicated as dad himself is. We go there every year, to check up on grandma despite the fact that it makes more depressed than any other thing ever can. Not only because I have to keep smiling in front of my long lost dad' mother, but because going there brings back each and every part of my childhood of which dad had been a part. But like each year, we just had to. And despite all the sadness, I feel guilty for not being able to treat grandma as kindly as she deserves. Knowing she was never at fault for whatever dad did.

"Yeah, I'm almost there." I gasp over the phone to Linda as I push my thoughts away.

"Fine." She replies with a slight rough tone.

As I hang up the phone, I look back at the road in front my car and speed up the accelerator. It's almost a mile left for school. I breathe in and out several times thinking about how the day ahead would be, and remember about 'The Three's' reunion party. How will I bear with them at the party?

I reach the school's parking lot in about fifteen minutes since the phone call. Parking my car alongside, I quickly rush up to the lockers to grab my books that I need for the day. As I move away from the lockers, I notice quite a lot of crowds surrounding each corner of the corridors today. Bunch of students gathered up at one place and talking about the Taylor's party. What's so special about it? What is so special about that Allen coming back? I'd rather find it horrifying.

"Hey Rosie, you coming to the party tonight?" One of the boys chuckles.

"Yeah, she would of course. How stupid can you be?" Another laughs.

"Stop talking about this stupid party, you guys." I say, rolling my eyes.

"Why, you ain't coming?" Another tenses up, as if I just bumped on their chest with something.

"That's if I want to. I said stop asking me about that." I said.

They all start moving aside after this, as I walk straight towards my first lecture.

-

Right now, we're almost at the end of Science, as Ms. Hilary speaks about food, the healthy and unhealthy ones.

"So students, as I've said earlier, we should avoid junk food as much as we possibly can, which most of us don't or can't." She explains, slightly laughing at this.

All of the students in the class nod according to her. Suddenly I drop my pencil and as I'm about to pick it up, I notice Daniel sitting a few seats away from me, at the back. Beside him, sat Allen, who's barely paying any attention to the class. He clumsily yawns, then looking out the window impatiently.

"And Miss, just like Allen, who loves ketchup too much, like yesterday he squeezed excess of it. Remember?" I smirk pointing to Allen and Daniel who now seem instantly tensed up, while right now I'm the center of attention in the whole class.

"Really? He does? Well, I didn't know." Ms. Hilary laughs looking at Allen cheekily.
The whole class starts laughing and people start to gossip silly stuff about it. A few, question me about the ketchup thing, but I just normally roll my eyes. Allen bloody Taylor.

I look back to look at Allen straight in the eye. His fists are clenched, eyes glowing red out of anger and extreme annoyance. Well, he didn't expect this kind of stuff from me of course. But he'll slowly get to know who I actually am. He doesn't meet my eye at first but afterwards, he shoots a glare and his eyes don't dare move. I wonder why he hasn't said anything yet. Because as much anger as I saw in his eyes every time, by now, he should've been blown out. He must be thinking something. But what?

"Woah, Rosie! Must say, great move," Li praises, laughing as she gives Allen a funny look. 

It's pretty obvious she's aware of whatever happened yesterday at my house as I blurted out all my anger after she arrived yesterday. After the guys left, I waited for a little while before Linda arrived, in her ever so casual and annoyed look with her hair all over the place. We sat and before I could offer her something or make her comfortable, I decided to not bother and instead threw cushions at her. She was supposed to see me around noon, and her being late was another reason why my weekend was so nicely sabotaged. But I eventually spit everything out to her. After that, she laughed for God knows how long. After all, best friends are the only ones who can annoy you to such an extent.

"I know. A little fun doesn't hurt." I smirk, crossing my arms by my chest.

"God knows if it hurts or not... but I'm kinda scared by the way he's looking at you-" She stutters, with amazement in her eyes.

"Nothing of that sort. Let's get ready for the party. Trust me, you insisting on going to the party just to spend some time with Jake is the only reason why I'm joining you." I say, piling up my books.

"Pssshh." She chuckles.

Let's hope for the best at the Taylor's party. As it is Allen's party and I just made fun of him. Not scared of anyone or anything, but just saying, hoping to come back alive and well.

*********************

A/N : I wanted to inform you guys that the starting of any story is quite uneven or hard to be interpreted but as the story progresses, thing get better and more clearer. With that said, the upcoming chapters will keep getting bigger and more eventful. So please stick around till you get the hold of it!
Let me know what you think about it so far by voting and commenting down below.

Love you all xo

thatblahgurl