Chapter-14: More trouble

Chapter-14: More trouble!

"Are you not done yet!" I creek, rattling my bangs out of my face, maybe doing this for the hundredth time.

"Can't you wait, I'm pretty much done! Well, almost." Li groans, from inside the locker rooms, then ending up laughing to herself.

"What the hell is taking you so long? Are you only fixing your hair there, or something else?" I laugh, hoping she'd know the glint of mischief I had meant there.

"Yeah, yeah! My drama queen talks too much these days, uh," She giggles, coming out the girls' restrooms and gasps at me.

"Back at you, you're supposed to be called that." I moan.

"What? Talkative? But-"

"No. 'Drama-queen'." I laugh, pulling her bag, making her stumble onto her feet.

"Huh, you don't even know me!" She allows a sideways smirk.

"Wait what? After about nine years of 'friendship' and tolerating such a hectic mess like you, you're telling me I don't know you?" I narrow my eyes, knowing exactly her jokes.

"Tolerating what?" She stops her motion, pulling my ponytail annoyingly.

"Uh.. a witch like you." I retort back, straightforwardly. And obviously not caring of getting killed the next minute by the girl whom I just called a 'witch', and who is my bestfriend for years, like many years.

"I got you, baby-girl." She makes a puppy face, of course having intentions of pulling all my hair off now. She ran back towards me, I rushed away. We ran through the halls, which were not pretty crowdy like they usually are, don't know why.

I hear her footsteps getting closer, which I giggle at, both of us laughing hilariously, while a few other girls stare our craziness in awe, or maybe envy. Might be both. They're the type who'd change 'friends' or 'boyfriends' more often than they would do with their clothes, literally. But seeing the most admired girls together for years is like an infinite dream for them, which a few consider as nightmares as well.

"Wait, you naughty chick!" She yells from the back, still running but it's hard to catch up to me, knowing I'd won many prizes for running or sporty stuff since I was a kid, which is pretty rare for high-school girls you see. But it won't matter, unless it's me. I don't bother thinking about what they'd think, like no lol. This is what makes me different, and maybe better than what they are. I always believed being different was... different. Hah yes, cause you're proving that you're one of your own kind, which is something I like, and have been applying in my life more often since I understood what this meant.

While we run through the busy corridors, I smile at the thought of the memories, our memories. I laugh at how we still play-run like twelve year olds. I smile at the thought that we're still the same two girls, who'd better stay together at a deserted spot, rather than being by ourselves.

She notices my urge, and taking advantage of that, she pulls me back, grabbing me by my arms and not too late until..

I crash into someone.

I'm sure you wouldn't want to guess who it was.

It was the guy I hated since I was thirteen. It was the same wicked guy I had last seen three years ago. It was the guy who'd first made me cry by myself, it was him.

Jay.

Jay Levis was the guy whom I crashed into, a moment ago. Why the hell does this happen to me everytime? People love me so much (as if..) but I had to hate.. myself. Now how weird is that?