chapter 1

Callie pov:
As they took Nick out of the house, to be arrested, I couldn't help but feel bad for him. All that happened was that he got hurt and he was lost for a while. When I heard that he was going to shoot himself right in my bedroom - I thought what if Brandon hurt himself? Would I be able to live? Would I hurt more than the others? I started having these thoughts yesterday. "What if Brandon got hurt? What would happen? Would I be able to still breathe?" Nobody knows this but I snuck into Brandon's room last night. I just needed to know he was ok. The longer I stood by his bed, the more the feelings came back. I honestly don't think they ever left. I noticed how his hair was all messy from tossing and turning in bed all night. I loved the 'messy' look on him. It was him. It fit him. I also, noticed how he only had half the blankets on his body because he gets cold and hot during the night. I had to have been in his room for at least 2 hours because when I came out of my trance, I looked outside and saw the sunrise. I realized I still loved Brandon Foster. I quietly slid out of his room and back into mine to get a good 2 hours sleep before anyone woke up. It was Saturday so maybe I'll get some sleep.

I woke up to the feeling of nausea. I ran straight into the bathroom and threw up last nights dinner. I was fine last night and I don't even have a clue as to what could've happened. I heard a knock on the door and stood up to brush my teeth. "Callie? You ok in there?" it was Mariana. Thank God. "Yea! Be out in a sec"  I responded quickly. When I opened the door, Mariana pushed me back inside and locked the door behind her. She eyed me up and down and said "Are you sick? You were perfectly fine yesterday?" she asked. "I know. Probably just a bug." I responded. "Callie?" "What?" "Is there any possible way you could be ...?" "Be What?" I asked in panic. "...pregnant?" she hesitantly asked. "What?! No! I couldn't be pregn-" I stopped to remember the last time I had my period. I missed it ... oh God ... I'm late. "Mariana...does mama have any pregnancy tests left?" I asked in a hurry. "CALLIE!" "SHHH. don't wake up the whole house!" "could you really be pregnant?" she asked. I just shrugged my shoulders as she walked out the door to find a test.

5 minutes it said. I will have the result in 5 minutes. I put the stick on the counter, walked into my room and sat on the bed. How could this be happening? The last person I had sex with was ... Brandon. Oh God! No! No! No! This can't be happening! I can't ruin his life like this. He's going to Juliard. In New York!! We're only 17! Heck! I'm adopted! The timer beeped and I pulled myself together enough to go look at the result. It had 2 lines. I'm pregnant. Before I had anytime to process what was happening, the bathroom door slammed open. "Mom! I'll be down in a sec! I just have to brush m-" Brandon came in and saw me. "Sorry, Cal. Didn't know you were in here. " I had a blank expression on my face cause I didn't know what to do. "You ok, Cal? You look a little pale. " he stated and moved closer to feel my forehead. His eyes traveled down to my hands where the stick was being held. His eyes went wide as they traveled back up to meet mine. "Callie..."