Content Advisories

As a courtesy for anyone who wishes their reading experience to remain spoiler-free, or who wants to avoid reading about certain topics and characters that may be found in Everything's Eventual, I've decided to provide a brief summary of each part here, rather than at the top of each story. Themes, characters and potentially triggering content are all labeled here to make your reading experience easier and more enjoyable. If you have no triggers or wish to be surprised, feel free to skip this and dive right into the book! If you do have triggers, I hope this will be helpful.

All Stories - Everything's Eventual imagines Gotham City in the far-flung future, when the characters we know have all grown old. Therefore, every story contains depictions or mentions of old age and death.

Paper Hearts - is about the Mad Hatter. It contains depictions of friendship (an OC & the Mad Hatter), homelessness, senility, mental illness, canon-typical violence (a stabbing), death and grief.

Blossoms and Bells - is about Poison Ivy. It contains depictions of canon-typical violence (an attempted mugging and its aftermath), girls kicking ass, girls saving girls, and mild romance (Ivy/Harley).

Chance - is about Two-Face. It contains depictions of mental illness (Dissociative Identity Disorder, specifically), a mental breakdown, health problems (a heart attack), canon-typical violence and threats of same, and a suicide that is not written about in explicit detail but may still be triggering. There are background friendships and relationships offhandedly mentioned (Bruce Wayne & Harvey Dent, Renee Montoya & Harvey Dent, Gilda Dent/Harvey Dent, Poison Ivy/Two-Face). The DID is not depicted in a realistic way, but rather in keeping with the comics version of the disorder; therefore, it is not intended to be accurate. Please don't assume DID or people with DID are exactly as I've written them. They aren't. Comics get a lot about mental illness wrong.

Bookends - is about the Riddler and the Scarecrow. It contains depictions of cranky companionship which may be romantic or friendly, depending on your reading (basically: you are free to interpret the relationship however you want, I won't stop you or have a fit about it!), mentions of death and loads of sarcasm.

The Mobius Strip - is about Batman, with a handful of other minor Bat-family characters sewn throughout. It contains depictions of self-imposed social isolation, background relationships (Bruce Wayne/Selina Kyle, Barbara Gordon/Dick Grayson, Tim Drake/Unspecified--fill in the blank with whoever you want) and dysfunctional family dynamics. There is canon-typical violence (a shooting, a mugging), an off-screen animal death, health problems (a heart attack), and death.