Chapter 11

Stevie's POV
Thursday

I didn't see either of them this morning, or for the rest of the day. I overheard some of Torey's friends talk about Torey telling them that she and Ally were going to skip the next two days of class... So it was true. Ally was going to 'accompany' her for the next four days. That means Ally nor Torey are going to be in class for today nor Friday. Why should I be jealous? It wasn't like she was my girlfriend (but it felt like she was mine). Maybe this was a good thing, I thought. Maybe this was a sign that this whole thing was going to end. No more sneakiness, no more stealing glances at each other, and no more randomly coming to my house because SHE wanted to, I mean that would definitely be good. There would be no more us...whatever we are. This is a great thing! Of course it is...isn't it?

Friday flew by quickly. See, this was a great thing. I didn't have to worry about anything but the class lessons. And even greater, no crazy Torey giving me death stares...this was wonderful! I lied to myself.

This was the slowest day of the week. I couldn't stop checking my phone all day to see if she would maybe send a text, but if course, I was just crazy to think she would text me while she was probably having a beautiful time with Torey. When the end of the day bell rang, I walked out of the class as fast as I could. Faster than I have ever in my 3 and a half years of high school. I thought if I got to work as soon as possible I could get my my mind off of her...

Of course that only worked for awhile. With her friends coming through the cafe doors, my mind carelessly went back to her. And that's how my night ended...with thoughts of her until I cried to sleep. What have I don't to myself?

I tried to keep myself busy over the weekend. I busied myself with homework, videos, movies, and even DIY's. None of which turned out that great, but they definitely kept my mind off of her for awhile with frustration trying to perfect the projects. I finally reached the night of Sunday...will I see them on Monday, I wondered as I slowly fell asleep.

I saw Torey at school the next day. She was laughing with her friends, looking so happy. Probably taking about all the things she did with Ally. But, she wasn't here and for the next couple of days. Why was she gone for so long? She has never been gone for this long...

However, being her girlfriend, Torey knew everything. On Thursday, I was packing my materials when...

"I'm visiting her tomorrow," Torey was telling her friends. "My dad's been taking care of her for awhile, and I miss her so, my dad's letting me visit. Ally had been working extremely hard. I'm going to give her some support." She said, fixing her chest up, making her friends laugh.

I miss her too, I thought. I didn't want to hear anymore. I threw my stuff into my bag and hurried out the door once the bell rang.

At home, I thought about what Torey said about her dad taking care of Ally. Basketball training camp. Her dad owns a center and Ally has been working her butt off to get a scholarship. She is so passionate and hardworking, I saw it all too well through her eyes. I loved her determination to get what she wants. She definitely deserved it, if she got it. Loved. Did I really just say that? No I didn't.. I mean that's not what I meant at all. I think. No. Forget it. I kept telling myself. Its been a week, and not a single text. She doesn't care, so why should I? I let it go and went to bed.

Friday and Saturday passed by quickly. I occupied myself with so many things, and this time it worked. It was Saturday night. My mom was out of town again for work-related things. It was fine, I could take care of myself. I knew how busy she was, and I didn't mind because it was all to make sure I had everything I needed. I was cooking myself a small dinner when I heard the doorbell ring. Who was ringing the door bell this late? No one ever visited us this late. I wasn't sure if I should be too safe or not, and so I grabbed a small tool from one of the drawers. I was holding the tool behind my back as I walked towards the door. Slowly opening it, the tool slipped from my hand as I saw who it was. Shit. She stood there with her perfect pearly white teeth. Why does she always do this?