Chapter 12

Stevie's POV

We were sitting in silence for a couple of minutes now. She was eating the waffles my mom made, but I couldn't. I had so many questions that I needed to ask that I couldn't ask. Questions that took my sleep and life. I just stared at her.

Without looking up, she joked, "You're either thinking back to how good last night was or you want to ask me a question, which is it?" She then looked up and smirked at me.

My face flushed a deep red. I was taken aback, "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm taking about, ask me."

"I thought we couldn't get too personal."

"I thought we were working on changing our relationship."

"And what relationship is that?"

She stopped poking at her waffles, and looked up at me with her beautiful emerald eyes, "You. Me. Us." Us. That sounded good, but there was none.

"You're right, I do have a question. Are you done with those waffles?"

"If I am?" Her eyes pierced into mine.

"Looks like you are," I got up from my chair. "You're welcome for the breakfast, you can go back to your kingdom now. The door is to my left." I sounded like a bitch. I hated it, but there was no other choice. I grabbed our plates to throw in the sink. She grabbed my arm.

"You can go back with me to my kingdom." Oh no, her and her stupid words that got to me so much.

"Let go." She let go...I threw the dishes in the sink and turned on the faucet. I could hear footsteps walking towards me. Her presence was strong. I was putting dish soap on the sponge when she grabbed my waist with her left hand and turned off the faucet with her right. I stood still. Her touch got to me so much. "Don't." Of course she didn't listen to me. She turned me around.

"Ask me." I couldn't look at her. She gently pulled my chin so that my face was towards her. I tried not to make eye contact. She then cupped my face. "Ask me..." With the thought of how much I missed her this past week again, I felt my tears forming in my eyes. Then, I felt it streaming down my face.

She started kissing the tears rolling down my face. "I'm here now...for good, I promise." Her lips finally reached my lips in which she pressed it firmly to mine. Letting her overtake me, like usual, I kissed her back.

With her hands still on my waist, she lifted me up onto the counter as I held onto her face . She pulled me closer to her. It felt so good to have her lips on mine. As I melted in her kiss, all I could think about was how I could kiss her for a lifetime and beyond.

Why can't I hate her? It's like every time I start off strong, I always end up so weak with her one touch.

We made out for awhile before both of us pulled away for a breathe. Our foreheads were still against each other as we were both breathing heavily with our eyes closed. When I opened my eyes, she was already staring at me.

"I missed you..." She said. Her words surprised me. I looked away and tried to jump off the counter, but she blocked me. "Now, ask me..." Should I take this opportunity? Where should I start? There was just so many questions of where, when, how,why? I felt nervous. I stared down at my lap and started playing with my hands.