CHAPTER 1

SORRY FOR THE LAME START!! IF YOU KEEP READING I PROMISE IT GETS BETTER! ◡̈

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We walk through the departure gate, entering the airport.

I turn to my family confused.

Everyone is down on the ground.

My ears ring from the sound of gunshots.

A large group of men with riffles strides towards my family and I.

What the hell is going on?

One of the men kicks my father down onto his knees, pulls his head back and says something to him that I'll never forget:

"You stupid son of a bitch. Didn't think we would find out, did you?" The man shakes his head.

I cover my mouth, trying to conceal the escaping screams.

"Please! Don't do this. Tell Manchester I can explain-," my dad tries to reassure them.

Tears roll down my cheeks.

"Goodbye Caleb; we certainly won't miss working with you."

And then, he slit his throat.

"No," I scream leaping towards my dying father.

I hold his head on my lap as my mother and sister circle round.

My back is facing the men.

I hear a click and turn to see the gun pointed at me.

He pulls the trigger.

I fall to the ground, my father on top of me and give into the blurred vision that slowly fades to darkness.

------

I wake up with a loud scream.

The room I'm in is pitch black. I think I'm in a hospital.

There is a distinct pain in my body that is bugging  the fuck out of me.

I try to think straight, but it's hard to concentrate when a nagging sensation is going on within my internal organs.

I forget why I am here and I do not know where my family is.

My mind tells me to panic. I quickly get out of bed and run for the door. Big Mistake.

The IV needle in my arm yanks me backwards right before I reach the door handle.

A giant gash of blood appears on my arm.

I look beneath me to see the IV needle on the floor covered in my blood.

"Shit," I cry.

I use my left arm to help myself up, but that's when I feel the bullet wound.

Everything from that day comes flooding back into my mind. The airport, those men, my dad getting killed.

I feel like I'm going to puke.

Through the agonizing pain, I eventually get up.

I walk over to the cabinet that holds the supplies. There has to be a bandage in here somewhere.

I open the drawer and find some cloth.

I finish wrapping my arm, and proceed to make my way out of the room.

I slowly open the door and look out. There is no person in sight and it seems as though all the electricity through out the hospital is out. This is too weird.

A wave of terror rises in me and I suddenly feel like something is very wrong.

I start walking out of the room, but as soon as I take my third step my foot is drenched with water.

I look down only to find out that it's most certainly not water but blood, and it's everywhere.

My body turns in every direction, panicked.

It looks like people were shot and their bodies were dragged across the floor.

The terror begins to build up.

I look around for anything, maybe a sign: a way out.

But the only thing I can see is a pentagram, centered right in the middle of the room.

------

Don't worry Ethan is coming in the next chapter. KEEP READING PLEASE! IT GETS BETTER!! :)

Maybe we could get some reads? or votes? idc but it would be a nice gesture and would motivate me to write the next chapter quickly!