The Mail

"Aria! Get your lazy ass down here and make me some fucking coffee!" my abusive father, Mark, yells up the stairs from his spot of the couch in front of the tv. And he calls me lazy. I groan and roll out of bed, putting my hair up in a messy bun and pulling down my sleeves so he wouldn't ridicule me about my scars yet today. I pad out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen, filling the pot with hot water as I pour coffee grounds into a filter and put it in, then turn the pot on. While I wait for the coffee to fill the pot, I make some toast and grab a plate, a coffee cup, the cream, and the sugar. The toast pops up, scaring the living day lights out of me. I place the toast on the plate and butter it, then check the coffee and see that it is done. "Aria! Hurry the fuck up you worthless piece of shit!" my father yells from the living room. I tense up and quickly pour the coffee, spilling half of it in the process. "Fuck!" I swear as I grab paper towels to soak up the coffee. I quickly add the cream and sugar exactly how he likes it. "Aria, you fat fucking cunt! Don't make me come out there!!" I shudder as I stir the coffee and bring it and the toast out to him. "Here you go, I made you some toast too." I stutter. "I didn't ask for toast, you ugly slut! Are you good for nothing?!" he yells. "I'm sorry, father." I apologize quickly and take a small step backwards. He brings the cup up to his mouth and takes a small sip, then spits it out all over me. He stands up, glaring at me as he dumps the rest of the coffee in the cup over my head. "ITS TOO HOT YOU WHORE!" he screams, throwing the cup at the wall. I wince, tears falling down my face as he grabs my arm and yanks. "Get to your room right now, and I don't want to see your ugly fat pig face for two days! You are being punished! No food, or drinks! Nothing!" He yells as he sends me flying into the staircase. I scramble up the stairs as fast as I can, falling over myself. I run to my room as the tears fall down my face and I start sobbing as I collapse on my bed and hide my face in my pillow to muffle the sobs. I eventually fall asleep, tiring myself out from crying.

The Next Night
My stomach growls in protest as I smell the steak scent wafting upstairs into my room and I walk over and open my window. Soon after that, I hear his loud snores and I open my door a crack, stepping out and shutting it behind me. His snores grow louder as I make my way down the stairs quietly, opening the front door and running down the driveway to the mailbox. I sift through the mail and take any for me, putting the rest in the mailbox and going back inside and up to my room. I saw one labeled "Ms. Aria C. Carter" that I was curious about, and there was only one other one. I sit down on my bed and examine the envelope, noticing that there isn't a return address. I rip the envelope open, reading the short letter inside before quietly fangirling over the contents. I had entered a contest a while ago to win a free One Direction concert ticket, and apparently I had won!! The concert was tomorrow, so I had to leave in the morning, which means packing tonight and sneaking out tomorrow morning. I grabbed my iPod and put on my 1D playlist, blaring it through my headphones as I started packing. I threw in my 1D jersey that says "Malik 95" on the back, some black acid wash ripped skinny jeans, and maroon boots with a slight heel. I then packed a pair of black shorts with a baby blue tank top and fluffy socks. I threw in a couple bras and underwear and packed another outfit that consisted of grey sweatpants and a maroon tank top. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth really thoroughly, then packed my toothbrush and toothpaste, along with my hairbrush, shampoo, soap, a razor to shave with, and two razor blades. I put my flip flops in my suitcase and picked a traveling outfit for tomorrow, laid it out, and zipped up my suitcase. Then I walked over to my bed and collapsed, almost immediately falling asleep.

(Girl in picture is Aria)