chapter four

I woke up at 9:30 AM and turned on the news.

"Early this morning, at 5:30 AM, nude pictures of celebrity Alec Westbrook were posted to all major social media platforms, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter and Facebook on the official accounts. The official Instagram account has over 171 million followers, and the picture has already racked up 2 million likes. Mark Zuckerburg has stated that his company realized there was a hack at 5:29:37 AM and the pictures were posted at 5:29:48 AM. Even though his company has kicked the hackers out, they are currently unable to take the picture down."

"Westbrook is unable for comment as he is on a plane currently traveling to Sydney to star as Malcolm James in a special episode of Wentworth, a show about Australian prison. More information as
this story uncovers."

I dropped the remote on the floor, mouth gaping.

Did I do that? In my sleep?

I didn't want to look at his pictures, but I needed to.

I quickly scrolled through, and realized that none of the pictures online were in his gallery or recently
deleted section.

Had I deleted them, or did someone break in?

I shut the news off, and keeping the phone in my eyesight, I made toast with strawberry jelly and coffee.

His phone had beeped multiple times last night,
but I didn't check them.

There were a few email notifications about articles about him, and some from a manager or whatever, but then there was one from Nolan Westbrook, who was his younger brother.

Nolan was 17.

"what the hell is online about you and nude pics? i know you said you wanted popularity but this is the wrong way bro."

I wanted to reply.
But I didn't.

If I replied and said I, a "fan", had his phone, it would be the obvious choice
to go for me.

How could I deal with millions of people hating on me, when I can't even stand raising my hand in a classroom full of twenty juvenile, hormonal students.

I kept Alec's phone on my counter and noticed my cat walking by me.

Mocha was tiny, brown and had
light grey eyes.

He never meowed and usually sat in the
same room as me.

"Mocha, come here." I said, pulling him onto my lap and petting his head softly.

Mocha's eyes had almost closed, when Alec's phone started buzzing on the counter, leaving Mocha in a crazed frenzy, sliding his way through the house.

"i know who you are"

It was from Nolan
...but how?

"?"

"dalia dawson. u staged ur little accident with my brother in order to get his phone and post the pics. who
do u work for?"

I called him.

"How do you
know my name?"