3

"Y-you! Oh thank god!" Thomas said as he stood up.

The figure continued, Thomas cautiously began to approach it.

"Hello?" Thomas said as he slowly began to slow down his pace.

The figure continued to approach him until the figure stopped in the light, it was a middle aged scraggly woman with a gun pointed at Thomas's head.

"Who are you?" She said.

Thomas slowly began to raise his hands into the air as a sign of him pleading for his life. The scraggly woman stepped closer and pressed the cold bullet chamber against his head, and for a moment put her finger on the trigger but quickly ejected. Thomas was now trembling from the stress and fear this has caused him. Thomas murmured under his breath:

"I mean you no harm," he said as he attempted to control himself, "my name is Thomas Anderson I live in community  #33801  an-"

"Anderson?" She said cutting him off. Then a crash coming from the back of the hall rang through the the building, alarming them both.

"C'mon!" She said grabbing onto his hand.

She raced down the hall almost dragging him behind her.  'Please stop' he murmured under his breath, but she didn't seem like she was willing to anytime soon. she kept tugging at his arm, further adding on to the damages already created by the slamming door. Further and further they ran down the hall passing even the cell that he had tried so hard to escape from until they came across a crossroads with four signs reading:

SOUTH HOLDING

NORTH TESTING

EAST  KILLING

WEST EXIT

she halted and quickly peered behind her then ran into the hall titled WEST EXIT.  There was a double door  opening that they exited the building through and into a courtyard. She then pressed her back against the doors, keeping the door shut. 

"Take this", she handed him a slightly rusted, six barreled revolver with a wooden handle.

"What do you expect me to do with this?", Thomas said to the woman.

"You're Thomas Anderson right?", she said, "the head of the weapons department in the national first army?"

"Yes, but how did you know that", 

"That doesn't matter right now!" she shouted, "aim down that hall and when I open these doors I need you to shoot everything in sight, got it?", she said.

Thomas didn't respond but the look on his face was just the equivalent of saying 'Hell Yeah'.  He lifted  his gun up facing the door.

"Now!" she yelled opening the doors with an entire crowd of pale, dead-like prisoners started toward them all moving at differing paces but all with the same horrible shriek. Thomas began almost fanfiring the weapon shooting all of them. Thomas began yelling, he didn't know if if it was because he feared what was to happen next or if it was the rush of adrenaline surging throughout his entire body. One by one the prisoners began to collapse but he had only hit a few.

"Damnit!" the woman shouted.

She pulled Thomas away and slammed the doors and began sprinting toward the canteen. Thomas, who was still catching his breath, ran after her at a slower pace than she had been running at. Entered the canteen and followed her into a storage facility in the basement of the canteen.