To Live Your Dream

I leaned forward over my guitar and changed a few words in my notebook. I'm really looking forward to this new song, I plan on posting it on YouTube today. I want to be a famous singer someday, like Ed Sheeran or Taylor Swift. Hopefully by posting this video I'll get some views or something. But that's just a dream, like something that perfect would happen to a regular girl like me. But I can still dream about it; my name, Hattie Johnson, in bright lights and maybe touring with other bands or celebrities.

"Hattie!!" I heard my mom yell," dishes!"

"Coming!" I sighed. I was almost finished with my song but things kept interrupting me, like dishes.

I sped through the dishes quickly, managing not to break anything but having several close calls, and then ran back to my room to record the song. I propped my phone up on my desk and then pressed play. I grabbed my guitar and sat down on my floor, cross legged.

"Hello, my name is Hattie Johnson. I would like to sing for you today. This is a song I wrote, called "One day". Hope you like it." I took a deep breath.

"This girl,

She's got a dream in this

Big world

So full of things

But she's got some hope.

Oh oh oh..." I closed my eyes and let the song take me away. Before I knew it I was finished. Yay! I ended the video and then lay back on the floor, tangling my fingers in my fiery red hair. After a minute I sat up and grabbed my phone. I quickly submitted the video to YouTube and then shut off my phone, wishing in vain that it would have some sort of recognition in the morning.

I awoke to the sound of my phone beeping. It was text after text from Naomi. Gosh, girl. I tried to read what she said.

'Hattie!'

'Did you check YouTube?'

'Instagram?'

'CHECK IT'

Followed by several more trying to get my attention. I quickly texted her back to stop her from continuing to spam me and then I went on YouTube. My jaw dropped open and my heart slipped a beat. 4 million views? Over night?! I checked the comments to make sure it wasn't just Naomi watching it over and over but it wasn't. Tons of people had left comments saying how beautiful my voice was or how pretty I was. I was scrolling through the comments, my excitement growing, when my heart skipped a beat again.

"Onedirection"

'This is Niall. You have a beautiful voice and you're very talented. Don't give up your dreams. Xx'

I nearly fainted. Niall? Oh my gosh!

"Mom!" I shouted, hopping out of bed and running full speed into the kitchen.

"What?! Honey are you ok?" She looked up alarmed from her cooking.

"No no, I'm fine. But you know how I was gonna post that video on YouTube of me singing? Well I did last night and it got over four million views!" I took a deep breath.

"Wow sweetie! That's amazing! I'm so proud of you!" She hugged me tight.

"Thanks!" I hugged her and then ran back to my room. I got on my phone and re-read Niall's comment a gazillion times. It was so perfect. Maybe we would meet someday? And then start hanging out? Woah... Hattie, you're getting ahead of yourself. I took a deep breath and looked back at my phone. Then I noticed that my Instagram was blowing up with comments. All my friends were commenting on how beautiful I sounded and all that. Wow. I pressed notifications and was shocked. I had tons of follow requests. Geez! I quickly began to let them follow me, after going through what seemed like a thousand or so I quit following back. I wasn't really paying attention to usernames either. Ugh. By the time I finished I could have done that in my sleep. Sheesh! Three thousand followers. That's a lot. How did they get my username anyway?! Naomi.

Me- did you give out my username?!

Naomi- ...

Naomi- they asked. And I knew it. So I thought "why not? She'll be famous one day anyway"

Me- ugh. Whatever. Wanna go hang out?

Naomi- great! I mean yes... I was just about to ask you. What about the mall? I actually think we should really go to the mall. Seems like a fun place. Yeah?

Me- um ok. Yeah sure, the mall sounds great. I'll pick you up?

Naomi- yeah!

Something about Naomi's frantic texts seemed a little weird but I quickly forgot about it and picked out a cute outfit to wear. I chose red skinny jeans with a white t shirt with a guitar on the front and then pulled on my black converse. I pulled my long hair into a side braid, applied a bit of mascara, and then grabbed my phone and keys.

"Mom! Naomi and I are going out for the day!" I called, pausing at the door to hear her response.

"Ok! Have fun!" She called back from somewhere in the house. Good. I ran out to my car and sped off, getting more and more excited for the day. When I pulled up to Naomi's house she jumped into my car.

"Lets take a picture," she suggested. I smiled as she held up her phone.

"Great," she grinned and logged into Instagram. I rolled my eyes and smiled, driving off.

We arrived in no time and immediately ran to our favorite store, Maurice's. We selected several dresses each and tried them on.

After about an hour of that Naomi dragged me to chick-fil-a, glancing at her phone occasionally. We ordered milkshakes and then she practically shoved me into a booth in the back corner.

"Naomi?" I asked," are you ok?"

"Me psh, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" She said, waving me off as she glanced at the door. I raised my eyebrows and turned to my phone, pushing her weird actions aside. She was probably just meeting a friend or something.

I was scrolling through my Instagram feed when I heard someone clear their throat behind me, getting my attention. I turned and nearly choked on my milkshake.

Hope y'all like it! It's my first one. Love y'all!~Naomi