Chapter 1

Silence.

Glorious silence.

I appreciated it while I had it.

Soon enough, everyone would be talking. Talking about her. Maybe they'd talk to me, maybe they'd ask, maybe they wouldn't. But either way, tomorrow would be a day of neck aches and turning heads as every idiot in Forks High School muttered my name. My name and her name.

Genevieve and Isabella Swan.

I call her Isabella because, let's face it; it's much prettier than Bella

I call her Isabella because, let's face it; it's much prettier than Bella. She thinks I do it to irritate her, but really I just forget to change it when she's actually around... which is going to be a lot more often now.

Damn it.

My sister is coming to Forks.

"Gen?"

"Coming, Dad." I call. So much for silence.

"No need. Just headed out." He called back, probably from the base of the stairs. I was in no mood to move anyway: After a long practice, I had made it to the top of the stairs and halfway down the hallway before deciding to sit down and rest on the hardwood floor. I was now lying in the middle of the hall staring at the ceiling and wishing my dad would have been his normal self and left without a word.

"Bye." I yelled.

"Sure you don't wanna come?"

"I have plans, Dad." Did I? Maybe. I frowned. A nap was a plan, right?

"Alright." I heard the door creak behind him and sighed deeply as it swung squeakily shut.

Last day of silence, I thought as Dad's footsteps trailed off.

Last day of freedom.

Probably shouldn't waste it.

With renewed strength of purpose, I struggled to my feet and clomped down the stairs to the couch. With a muffled groan, I plopped down in my favorite spot and turned on Criminal Minds. Then, true to my plan, I fell asleep.

..

I woke up to the sound of the sports channel and found my dad sitting over in his big armchair. He turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Plans, huh?"

I grimaced and closed my eyes. "I was watching basketball for coach."

"Hmm." He replied.

"What."

"They play basketball on CBS?" He asked mildly.

"I had changed the channel for commercials." I lied grumpily.

"Your sister's upstairs." He said, changing the subject.

I grunted.

"She'd like to see you." He prodded.