Chapter Eight

I was there on my bed, looking at the ceiling and thinking about Harold. I jumped out of my bed and went upstairs in the balcony. I placed my hands on the fence and closed my eyes. I  enjoyed the cool breeze blowing through my hair. I opened my eyes when I heard someone shouting my name. I realized the sound was coming from downstairs. Who is it here to see me? It's not Melanie's voice, it's a guy. Uh oh! It's probably Cameron. Shit, I'm still in my PJs. What if he comes here and find me?! I turned to run, but before I could open the door to get out, someone else already did. Great! It's Cameron and he's going to see me now! He opened the door and I stood there frozen. 

"Wow! You look so pretty!" he complimented.

"What? Me?" I asked like an idiot.

"Yeah! You! Who else?!" he said and I just looked down. "So, are we gonna learn sitting here on the balcony?" he asked.

"Do you wanna sit here and study?" I asked him. "I'd love to!" he said making his way in.

"Okay! I'll just bring my books and come!" I told him and he shook his head.

I ran downstairs toward my room. Did I forget to say that my house is a  three story villa? Well, if I did, yes it is!

I opened my room and ran toward the closet. I found a nice grey sweater which says " je t'aime". I quickly wore it with white shorts. I then grabbed my books from the study table and ran upstairs to the balcony. 

"Melz! I'm in the balcony! Okay?" I shouted and she shouted an "Okay" back.

I opened my door to find Cameron sitting on a white chair which was placed right in the center of the balcony. I sat opposite to him and placed my big fat Physics textbook on the table in front of us. He opened his eyes and he fixed his gaze on my face.

"You changed?" he asked.

"Yeah! Lets start studying?" I asked him and he nodded his head.

I opened my textbook and quickly started teaching him. Soon, my thoughts were all gone. 

"Gabriella!" someone shouted. I turned back to look at that person and found Harold staring at me with surprise.

I stood there dumb looking at him. I turned back facing Cameron and I think he could sense the fear on my face.

"Hey! Is everything okay? And who is he?" he asked with his eyebrows raised. 

I couldn't reply anything to him. I blinked my eyes to put my tears back in. But they didn't listen me. A tear stroke my cheeks and I started crying so hard. Can you believe it?! I just broke down in front of Cameron! He quickly jumped from his seat and came toward me.

"Hey! Oh my god! Why are you crying?!" he asked me while patting my back.

I stood up and tried to walk away from Cameron. I just couldn't answer him. I was about to leave, but he grabbed my hand. I stood there with my gaze downcast. He left his grip loose and wiped my tears with his hands. 

"Can we go in?" I asked him with a broken voice. He nodded his head and we left downstairs to my room.

I opened the door and we made our way in. I sat on my  bed facing away from him. He quickly came and sat beside me and was about to ask me something. But I cut him of saying "He was my ex!".

"Then?" Cameron asked me with an expression of a kid waiting eagerly. I wanted to laugh but the situation was just not right.

I narrated him the whole story and he just looked at me blinking his eyes. I thought he  would console me and make me feel better. But he didn't tell me anything. He just looked at me innocently. 

"I know the feeling! I've been there!" he finally said. I looked at him but he looked away.

"Remember that girl who was gonna slap you?" he asked me with concern.

"Yeah!" I answered him.

"She was my ex!" he said, "We broke up a few months ago and my story sounds just like yours! Except it was 'her' who broke my heart ".

"How did she break your heart?" I asked him.

"She's a player! I didn't know that! Or in other words I was innocent just like how you were!" he said placing his hands on my hands.

"It's crazy how our story's just the same! Right?" I asked him and he smiled.

"Ya right!" he said taking his hands away from mine. He looked at me and it made me look at him back.

"I think this is a great start for our friendship! Right?" he asked and I shook my head.

"Now lets forget all that! And shall we continue studying?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I'll go and get the books from the balcony!" he said and left upstairs to fetch our books.

 I went toward the mirror and looked at my face. Oh god! I looked like a mess. My mascara had rolled down along with my tears. Yuck! I looked like a gorilla! I quickly wiped them off with a wet tissue and adjusted my makeup. Phew, I look much better now! I heard someone opening the door. I saw Cameron through my mirror.

"Hey!" he said and placed our books on the table. I jumped out of my seat and we both sat beside each other near the study table. I continued teaching him and soon our thoughts were all gone.

After two hours of teaching, I got tired. 

"Can we stop now?" he asked me exhausted.

"Sure! Physics makes me sick!" I said throwing my books away. "Lets go downstairs!" I told him and we went out of my room making our way to the living room.

"Who was that chick I saw downstairs when I first came?" he asked.

"It was Melanie! My caretaker and Aunt" I said and he nodded his head.

We went to the living room and he took a seat, meanwhile I went toward the kitchen. I came back with a tray of some snacks and pomegranate juice.

"Thanks!" he said while taking his drink.

We sat there talking and we didn't realize how fast time passed. I heard someone ring the bell. I excused myself and went toward the main door to see who it was. It was Melanie! 

"Hey!" she said with a big grin.

"Hi!" I said and she got in.

"Oh! This guy is still here?" she whispered in my ears and I made some weird faces for her to shut up.

"Hi! What's your name?" Melanie asked him.

"Cameron! Cameron Williams!" he said with a big grin while shaking hands with her.

"I'm Melanie! Guess Gabi has already said? Right?" Melanie asked him and he shook his head.

Cameron's phone beeped and he pulled it out of his pocket. He probably received a message from someone. He turned to look at me.

"Gabriella! I'm sorry! I have to go! Dennis, Chad and I had planned to go play basketball. And they've just messaged me reminding the match we've got today! And um, Tanya and Nikki are coming to cheer us! It'd be great if you come too!" he said waiting for a reply.

"Um..I don't know! I'm not sure!" I told him and he shook his head with disappointment.

"Okay! Bye!" he said giving me a small hug. God! My cheeks heated up and he smirked at me. Ugh! I don't like it when he keeps noticing me blush!

"Bye Melanie!" he said and she told him a "bye" back.

I walked with him toward the door and he got out.

"Don't worry bout your ex! We, I mean the cool cats will always be there for you!" he said and I smiled.

"Thank you Cameron! Thanks a lot!" I told and  he grinned at me widely.

"Bye!" he said and walked toward his car.

I waved at him and he started the engine.