Chapter 2

It didn't take long for night to come around. The more Marinette thought of meeting with Cat later, the more nervous she got.

"Tikki, I'm having second thoughts. What if my doubts were right earlier? What if something bad DOES happen? What if he tries to turn this whole thing into a date? What if people crowd around us? You know, this may not even work. I'll probably end up doing something disastrous like tripping into Cat and then drawing attention to myself. Then others will notice and our meeting will be ruined. If I were to cancel, he would be heartbroken-causing him to hate me and never want to work with me again and..."

"MARINETTE! You're overthinking it again! Even if people notice you, it'll be ok! You'll be with Cat Noir. People will understand that you and him are trying to spend time together. And you can't blame him for wanting to have a date. He likes you a lot."

"But Tikki! You know I like Adrien!"
"If that's how you feel, then that's what you should tell him! It's not fair for him to have false hope, Marinette."

"Fine. If he tries to make our outing romantic, I'll tell him I have feelings for someone else." she sighed.

"Don't be so down! This will be the first time you get to hang out with Cat Noir without stress! Have some fun!"

Marinette grinned down at her kwami friend.

"I will. Let's hope this goes well. Tikki...spots on!"