Chapter 3 You lost what?

Chapter 3 you lost What?

It took Eluis a good while to notice his charge had gone missing. Mostly due to the silent nature of the fellow, he had a quietness about him that made Eluis feel uneasy but excited at the same time. But Eluis had made the mistake of talking too much to keep that annoying buzzing sound out of his own ears as much as to have something to do.

“ You Lost HIM? “ boomed the voice over the small cellular phone, Eluis could only imagine the frightful look on the other mans face. He was glad for once that he could not see any of it in person.

“ If he is only a clairvoyant I do not see the need to be so worried ” Eluis made it a statement as he peered about nearly empty hallways and corridors looking for his charge.

“ ITS BECAUSE OF THAT VERY REASON “ came they angry reply so loud that Eluis flinched holding the phone away from his ears and looked at it, like it would bite him.

“ now you had better find him and hope he is not traumatized by someone “  then there was the dead click of the phone. Eluis though for a long moment before making up his mind on what to do.  It might indeed be a bit rude but he dialed in the number to one of the FPI agents that special ability was in finding lost people. But encroaching on some one in this matter seemed to merit such a rudeness if he was to find his charge in a timely fashion that would suit the big man.

Eluis taped his fingers over the buttons of the cell phone, He didn't need to wait long before the angel like voice of a little girl no older than maybe twelve chimed in

“ I had a feeling you would call “  a slight giggle in the undertone of her words

“ And what would that be SO amusing to you Beverly “ there was the sound rustling of papers  falling off a desk and for a moment silence before the small girls voice came again

“ I swear if you call me that again I’ll make you fill out these forums for me uncle Eluis “ despite himself Eluis held up a hand in a warding gesture even tho he was sure she could not see it. It was more out of habit of dealing with Beverly when ever he failed to use her Nickname.

“ Now, now no need to get upset Be...” he caught himself before making that mistake “ Because I’ll take you out for ice cream to make up for this favor. “  there was a laugh of joy for the little girls voice.

“Ok Uncle, what was it you needed found or is it a person this time? You know if you keep asking to be your Finder I’m going to need to start charging you now.“ Eluis knew this game and  knew he would have to offer more than just ice cream.

“ Oh I see you're picking up your fathers habits. Very well little Finder, when I have a moment I will lessen that hand cramp of yours. Deal? “

“ Deal “ came the happy tone the giggle back in her voice “ Now what can The Finder do for you uncle “

“ I seem to have lost a very Important VIP, do you have your Digit Pad. I’ll send you the I.D. file “ Eluis pulled his digit pad out and with a few taps of his light pen the file was sent.

“ Yes I have it now uncle, Oh he IS cute Are you SURE this is someone you lost or  Just chasing him around because hes so good looking “ Eluis could not ignore the statement of Senjue being good looking. But  there was no need for her to tease him about it.

“ Its not Polite to Tease your colleagues when they are asking for your help on important matters.” He scolded letting the hurt he felt leak into his voice.  There was a pause and he heard her sighing into the receiver.

“ Sorry, Everyone here is all gloomy work work work and no fun, I’ll find him uncle but you had better get me some real work I can have fun with. “ she intoned her boredom and it was not lost on Eluis. As he waited silently he thought back to all the fun adventures Beverly and him have had before being recruited, First by the FBI for a while and then grandfathered into the new FPI.   knowing he too had been getting bored since joining the FPI.