Chapter 37

Sakura's eyes burned. The brighter the light grew the more intense the pain became. Her eyes felt like they were slowly melting along with her hands and her brain. The pain was to much much for her to bare. Her hands went to cover her eyes. Soon enough she tried gouging her own eyes out.

Any where her hair grazed her skin left it's mark on her. Sakura's arms were covered in burns. That pain went unnoticed by the burning sensation consuming her from her eyes, hands, and hair. Sakura couldn't take it any longer. She screamed to the top of her lungs. Sakura felt one of her hands cool down a little but it wasn't enough to calm her down.

Sasori was forced to dodge multiple punches and kicks. Sakura was more flexible than what he thought the human body was capable of. The first blow landed straight to his face and made him go flying across the room. 

The puppeteer had dodged many kicks and fists that had flames erupt every now and then. He managed to get one of Sakura's hands and hold it down hoping she wouldn't start another fire. Although his hands were already deep deep red he still held on. "Sakura!" Sasori had raised his voice. He knew talking to her as if she was awake wouldn't help and had no idea as to why he continued.

"Sakura!" The pink haired women opened her eyes slightly. 'Th-that voice I've h-heard it before.' Sakura thought as she gripped her hair. The voice was distant and distorted making it hard to pinpoint who had spoken to her. Her hands were starting to dim down as she concentrated on who that voice belonged to.

The pink light had started to lose its intensity as did her eyes. The pain had started to slowly die away, though, the voice start to become more and more clear. "Think of your clan." The voice became less distorted and had advanced to more of a hushed whisper.

Sakura's eyes snapped wide open. 'Sasori.' Sakura was shocked by who was talking to her. Well she at least hoped the red head was talking to her. An odd unsettling feeling made it's home in her stomach. Sakura took in one shaky breath as she wiped the beads of sweat off her forehead.

'Why am I nervous? Did I not just stop myself from dying?' Sakura had flushed cheeks and her forehead had begun to sweat quite a bit. Another shaky breath was inhaled with her eyes closed. She slowly opened them and to her shock there at the end of what seemed to be bottomless hole was a very bright white light.

"Should I...." Sakura started to whisper to herself "....go towards it?" Hoping to answer her own question and tried to make a little list if she should or shouldn't. Sakura felt drawn to it and decided to just go towards it. The closer she got to the light she felt a warm tingling sensation run through her body.

She dove into the light.

Sasori had felt slight relief and eyed the girl for a minute. He slowly sat down in the chair next to Sakura's bed. He let  a small sigh escape as he double checked the girl. Sasori still sat in the chair and he was tense, ready act at anytime.

Sasori had not expected a slap to come across his face. He blinked once. Twice. He tried to process what happened and, for lack of sleep, was barely able to dodge the second slap that had demolished the chair it came in contact with.

"Brat." Sasori hissed at the pinked haired girl. He was now on the floor and didn't bother to get up seeing as she might destroy his replacement chair. The red head started to feel small light yet hurtful pokes on his rear and under his legs. "You know for someone who works a lot with wood you don't know much about splinters do you?" A weak voice came from the bed.

Sasori kept quite and had a passive expression on his face. "Exactly what went through your head that made you think it was fine to attack me?" Sasori asked as he got up and move towards the chair across the room and sat there nonchalantly. Sakura rolled her eyes at the puppeteer. "Sorry grandpa." Sakura sneered. Sasori observed her for a moment. "It is clear your in a rather putrid mood right now." Sasori spoke getting up and heading towards the door.