Chapter 6

The reunion weekend had finally arrived and Andrew and I settled into the hotel room in Malibu. We were staying in a hotel as we had very recently lived with my parents. Most of the class had booked the same hotel including my best friends.

“Okay, I will lie down on this bed, while you unpack the clothes into the closet.” I said winking before taking my shoes off to get the plan into gear.

“How convenient for the three of us.” He said evidently including the baby.

“Yes, it’s all about the baby and her safety from here on out.” I said in a tone of fake concern.

“What is this weekend’s plan again?” Andrew asked about the schedule we had been over numerous times. I sat myself between his legs and he bent them after putting arms around my belly.

“There’s nothing special tonight, tomorrow; we head over to the high school for their founder’s day assembly and then reunion assembly 2 hours later which includes a lunch in between.” I said before scrolling up on my tablet calendar. “In the evening we have dinner as the entire class at a restaurant that was completely booked out for us. Saturday we’re watching the reunion weekend derby which your first team will play football in the match against their current first team, please don’t embarrass me.” I said patting his knee. “Saturday evening we have a casual dinner and Sunday it’s breakfast before you and I go back to Los Angeles.” I said closing my tablet feeling exhausted already from this weekend’s plans.

"Sounds packed." He said setting hid head in the crook of my neck. "What do you think about man buns?" He asked out of nowhere.

"Why do you know about man buns?" I asked sarcastically.

"Funny." He said. "So?" He said and I turned my head as much as I could.

"It depends on why you're asking; you're an independent adult and if you want to grow your hair out, you can go for it." I said leaning back into his chest more.

"But overall, I still need to get approval from my wife." The smooth-talker said still resting his arms on my belly.

"Ding ding ding, you answered correctly."  I said clapping my hands. "Babe though, your choice. I do mean it." I said sighing.

"Okay then." He said kissing the side of my neck. "I suppose I'm growing my hair out now." He added.

"Hey um, this sitting position has been comfortable and everything but can we please take this inside the blankets; I'm really really tired." I said looking up at him yawning.

"Okay." He said letting go of his hold on me. He moved inside the covers and I got in next to him before he lay his hand on my stomach again while I had my back to him. I've noticed lately this is our routine; me falling asleep with his warm hand near the baby.

Sleep stated to settle in but what I felt most nervous about, was seeing Jennifer, nothing between us had ever been patched up. Although I am very happy with where I've come in life but it’s only human nature to want to compare your life to another person’s.

Friday morning came and I woke up more eager than last night. I could hear the shower and went to put my outfit together before stepping into the bathroom.

We walked down to get breakfast where our friends were already waiting, greeting everyone with hugs and as I looked around this table with amazing people feeling somewhat emotional about it all.

“Okay guys, we need to get to school the assembly starts at 7h30 so enough of the fun and laughter.” Roxy said trying to get our attention. 

“Yes ma’am.” Kelli said putting a finger over her mouth.