Bumping Into The Social Life

"I know it's prom week and you all have to find dresses, dates, and stuff like that; but you need to worry about your grades! This assignment is due Wednesday-" Mr. Hollingsworth was cut off by the bell.
Everyone rushed out like a pack of hyenas. I took my time as I packed up.
"Omg, like really?" Courtney said as she walked out. Pretty loud too by the way.
Crumpled up papers sprawled all over the floor. High school is such a mess.
I walked up to Mr. Hollingsworth. I gave him a slip of paper and set it on his desk. "What is this?" He questioned as he scanned it.
"My project," I said," or, I mean, the essay."
"Already? At least look it over for errors," Mr. Hollingsworth held it out for me.
"Done," I pushed it towards him.
"We'll have a nice day," he said.
I walked out of the room and headed to my locker. Everyone stood in groups. It was full of chatter and goofing around. "Hey Courtney," Tia said.
"Hey Tia," Courtney said.
"So you got a date for the prom?" Tia questioned.
"No. I'm hoping Brad will ask me," Courtney said.
"I heard that he's asking Ashley," Tia stated.
"What?!" Courtney spazzed.
"Yea. He's a jock ya know," Tia stated.
"Shut up. I'm a cheerleader ya know," Courtney closed her locker and stormed to Brad.
Tia followed her. I watched her and then closed my locker. I turned around and suddenly I was sitting on the floor. My books and notebooks were all over the hallway floor.
"Sorry," Damian said as he helped me up.
"It's alright," I assured.
I started picking up my things and Damian started helping as well.
"Here," he said, handing me half my stuff.
"Thanks," I said as I grabbed them.
"Aren't you that really smart girl?" Damian asked, looking at me.
"I'm not sure what your meaning," I said.
"Uh...it's Emily right?" Damian questioned.
"Close. It's Emma," I said.
"Well it's nice to meet you," Damian said.
I nodded as I took off, and so did he.