After the Summer School

July 2, 2014

Ana Karen arrives at Hernandez residence, she was exhausted from all four weeks of summer school, she blamed her failure of art, ironically she is smart for all classes except art. Ana whistles while walking as she arrives to house, she took the steps to the stairs, and and continuing whistle as she took off of her keys from her back pocket. Then she is going to open to door.

"...!!" She flinches as the door was opened by a person, hair is cut and wore nerdy glasses, which stared at her then chuckled quietly, Ana was gripped her plaid blouse like near to death of heart attack or shock, though she was going to be mugged, she sighed as sign of luck. The strange girl who snickers at her, and scratched the back of her head.

"What are you doing here in the house!?!" Ana was signing at her, her expressions was filled with confusion and the stranger signs back to her.

"I'm Diana Hernandez, I live here."
Ana squints as she watch Diana waves to her and continuing to communicate to her.
Ana mouthed in a word "what?" and Diana nods and shrugged.

"And Aunt Gretchen told me about you." She points at her. Ana nods as she know about her caregiver, waving at her, cause of interruption. Diana rolled her eyes and waves in backside of her hands, signing ,"what?"

"You are a foster kid?"  Ana signed as she points at Diana, smiling like a child have giggling in a discussion.
"Me?" Diana pointed herself with her left hand finger, choking with laughter under her breath. She shook her head, her other hand was covered on half of her face.

"Yes, I'm a foster kid," she nodded and Ana smiled with a expression of avoiding other thing that she have particular in her mind, and she looked at her for few seconds then say in sign language.

"Would you mind move please?" Diana secured the door with one arm, and other arm signs and mouthed in same time,"why?"

"Because it's frigging hot here!" Ana was in disbelief and hilarious as Diana snickers and laughing at her, watching her signing and mouthing ,"oh my god" in same time of Spanish accent in body language.

"Okay, you can come here." Diana shook her head, signing as let her arm raised to upward, letting a small teenager crosses the path to entrance of the house.

"Ahhhh...AC." Ana mouthed and exhales as she felt the air of coolness, spreading around in the room, Diana rolled her eyes, chuckles as she closed the door.
Diana waves at her, to get the attention of Ana was busy laying the couch, relaxing from the terrible summer heat. Ana noticed her, then say "what?"in lip syncing.

"So make yourself welcome." Diana signs, then walks to path to the kitchen.

Diana was cooking the lunch, currently mincing the vegetables, Ana was laying on the couch, reaching the control remote for flat screen television. She clicked the button of remote, turning on the TV, which showing the show of , "Pretty Little Liars"with closed captions.

Diana sighed as she is done with cooking, and the foods were in the stove and she is washing the dishes which she used for putting the vegetables. Ana was busy watching the show and picked her phone from her backpack, zipping it closed and drop the backpack on the floor.
She has her phone, slide her finger on her iPhone, then clicks the messenger app, and show its notifications and texts received from her friends and one from her guardian.

"Hey Ana, are u home? and Diana is here and is your foster sister, well after u were adopted and she and other your foster brothers is school while ur documents and things are arranged..I didn't told u that right?

She clicked one of texts from it, and replies to Aunt Gretchen.
"Yes I remembered, but why u didn't tell me they were in ur home!?!"

Groaned in frustration, Diana is finished, drying her arms by rubbing on her black t-shirt, walks toward to the couch, peeking on Ana's doing on her phone, leaning against on the couch. Ana waited as she gets the reply from Gretchen.

The iPhone flashed it's light like a blinker.

"Lol" she stared at the text from Gretchen, mouthed,"wut the frick?"

Hands on her iPhone and meanwhile in the backside of the couch, Diana stiffened a laughter, getting that joke which Gretchen replied on Ana. Banging with her fists on the floor, trying to contain her laughter, luckily Ana is deaf, unfortunately she can feels the vibrating from her banging . Ana rolled her eyes as she heard not to hear but to feel the sound.

She groaned ,"Ugghh....."

Again the smartphone blinking, Ana noticed and take a look at the text, Gretchen replied again but not so short text.

"Well u didn't ask me about it, anyway u tell Diana about the newcomers are my nieces and nephew are coming to live in this home." Ana blinked and turned at Diana which she is finished with her laughter. And Diana flinched at her being caught by nosing and she waving at her, chuckled nervously at her.

Ana sighed, reached her arm and waves at Diana, then signs at her," do you know about Gretchen's relatives?"

Diana shrugs and replies, "I dunno, but I have met them like once in Christmas."

"Diana, what about Aunt Gretchen's nieces and one nephew?" She asked and shook her hands like a gesture.

"You mean Irvin, and Leslie and that little shit?" She signs, nodding and the last words that she is not please to tell, Ana shook her head in a expression with confused and doesn't understand with the last words which Diana signs at her.

"Who is lil shit?" She asked.

"That gremlin is gone bonkers if you feed her with a bag of Doritos and one Mountain Dew drink, she did once begged on me to do a dare is play Auto Grand Theft V with her, and she bet me if I do one impossible objective in this game with my money and I lost to her, it was a gross objective is to film in a stripping club in the game, she took my money of 60 dollars and I got grounded by Aunt Gretchen caught at me playing it, and that lil gremlin got it away..." She growled as she finished her story.

Ana was open gaped that Diana lost her money to lil gremlin and snickering at her, asked at her,"Really?"

Diana nods and asked her,"So what with then?"

Ana shows her iPhone to Diana, showing the texts of Gretchen, Diana takes it and scroll up then down the texts and she look at her, mouthed,"Really?"

Ana shrugged and Diana gave her smartphone back to her.

"..." The room was quiet now.

And they are let their body fell on the floor, breathe some air and Ana closed here eyes, with satisfied and calm expressions with her relaxation, she was smiling, but Diana isn't, now staring with neutral expressions at the ceiling which its have stars glued on it, make a thoughts of it, making its fault of the stars. They were laying on the floor in the home, on the day of a summer breeze.