Chapter 2 - Pablo No Speakado

Chapter two

I found out soon after that Ash was a Senior so we weren't in any classes together since I was only a Junior.  I didn't get to speak to him after he made his speech in 'Welcome Club'.

I played with the food on my dinner plate. My mother was cleaning some dishes and my Father was at work.

"So.." my mother walked towards me with a glass of wine in her hand. "How was it?" she smiled creepily and sat across from me .

"How was what, this pork?" I pointed towards the pork on my plate, "Disgusting,  I really do hate pork. I've said it almost a million times and I'll say it again. Must I carry a sign with an X through a pig just to get it through to you humans."

"First of all, you're a human too so what's with this whole 'you humans'? Secondly,  I knew you wouldn't accept my cooking so there's a burger in the microwave. " My mother sighed, pointing to our microwave.

"Yay!" I jumped out of my seat like a three year old and heated the burger.

"And thirdly,  I meant how was your first day of school?"

"It was okay." I pulled the burger out and brought it back to the table

"Just okay?" My mother's eyebrows raised.

"Just okay" I confirmed, taking a bite of my delicious burger.

"Meet any new friends?"

In fact I didn't.  I didn't speak to anyone else that day except Ashton and the teachers. No one tried to talk to me and I most certainly didn't try to talk to them. At lunch I ate on a bench outside alone and then went looking around the school, settling on using the computers in the library where I chatted to Andy on facebook.

"Nope"I said poping the p at the end.

"Don't worry you will." she put her hand on top of my arm.

"I probably won't. " I sighed, pushing out my chair and bringing my plate to the sink.

"Things will get better. You will settle in soon." My mother shouted out as I left the room and went to my bedroom.

I turned on my laptop on and typed in the address of my favourite website, Wattpad.

After an hour of talking on the club section and adding more books to my library I turned it off and went to bed.

---

Today was particularly hot. Why Oh Why did I wear jeans! Am I mentally simple? I thought everyone would be wearing jeans too (Because they are all use to the heat.) But they weren't.  Everyone was wearing either shorts or skirts. Just my luck.

I powered through the crowds of people and to the 'Welcome Centre' to see all the other 'Welcome Club' members. Note my severe un-excitement. The only good thing about this weird Welcome Club is the fact Ashton is in it. He seems so interesting and is probably the only student here that I don't mind talking to.

When I pushed open the most worst decorated door, I noticed only Ashton was sitting in there.

"Ah Emily Isles. So nice to see you." Ashton gave me a million doller smile as I walked to the seat beside him.

I didn't want to seem stalker like so I pretended I couldn't really remember his name, "Alan or Ashton, is it?"

"It's disappointing to see that I haven't made much of an impact on you. I must amplify my charm levels. It's Ash by the way, just Ash." He flashed another smile.

"Well, Just Ash, How do you know my full name. I don't recall saying it at our last encounter. "

"With a knowledge as highly as extensive as the one I do posses, I know everything and anything." He leaned back in his chair.