twelve

I'm woken up by Brendan placing a gentle, long kiss on my neck. His arms wrapped around me from behind pull me closer to him and his kisses trail from my neck down to my shoulder. I melt under his lips.

I turn around, my eyes still closed. "Can we sleep for awhile longer?" I softly speak.

He presses his lips to my forehead. "But I can't stand not being able to kiss you." He runs a thumb across my cheek. "Please wake up."

I open my eyes and pout at him. Brendan smiles at me and I can't help but smile back.

"What should we do today?" Brendan asks me.

"I need to go Christmas shopping." I say. "I know it's not you're favorite thing to do, but it's something I have to do."

"As long as I'm with you, we can do anything." He leans closer to me and kisses me. I kiss him back and pull him closer.

We both get ready to go, and soon we are at the mall.

"Victoria!" Brendan laughs. "I'm buying you these." He holds up a pair of socks with elves on them.

"You better not." I widen my eyes to let him know how serious I was.

He laughs, and soon catches up with me as I look through a pile of shirts.

"You know," Brendan whispers in my ear, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "I still need to buy you a gift."

"And what were you thinking?" I ask him, turning my head towards him.

He kisses me. "I don't know..." He says. "I'm still thinking about it."

I untangle myself from his arms and start walking towards a different section of the store. As I look at several different things, Brendan is still far away from me.

"Are you finding everything okay?" An employee asks me as he folds the clothes on the table.

"Yes, I am." I smile at him. "Thank you."

"You have a really pretty smile." He says, a blush arising on his cheeks.

"Aw," I laugh a little bit. "Thank you so much." I return looking for a specific shirt for Aria.

He comes to the shelf of clothes next to me and places a few items there.

"Listen," He begins. "I, uh, don't know if you're doing anything tonight, but I-I was wondering if you'd like to—"

"No, she wouldn't." Brendan appears out of nowhere and wraps his arm around my shoulders.

The employee blinks a few times before shaking his head. "I'm sorry... I, uh, didn't know."

"Of course you didn't." Brendan snaps, leaving me with a slightly broken heart for the guy attempting to ask me out.

He leaves without another word. I turn around and face Brendan.

"Did you have to be so mean?" He places his hands dangerously low around my hips and pulls me against him.

"I wasn't mean." His grip tightens on my hips. "I was just very informative."

We finish our shopping trip and walk out to the car. Once we arrive back at the dorms, I tell Brendan that I have to drop my bags off before we go back to his dorm.

I open the door and set down all my bags on the floor, near my bed. Brendan takes me by surprise by grabbing my hips and pushing me up against the wall, and kissing me roughly.

"I leave you alone for two minutes," He says against my lips. "And you have some guy asking you out." He continues to kiss me roughly, so I run my hands through his hair, gently tugging on it.

His hands run up and down my sides as things become more heated. He turns me around, still not breaking the kiss, and leads me to my bed.

His lips connect with mine repeatedly before making their way down my neck. A soft moan escapes from my lips as he begins to lift my shirt over my head.

"Oh my gosh!" The door from the bathroom opens, and Aria stands in the doorway with her hands over her mouth. Brendan and I break the kiss and look over at her. "I'm so sorry! I'll leave, I just—"

Brendan starts laughing as my face turns red. I sit up and grab my shirt, yanking it over my head. Aria practically runs out of our dorm, probably scarred from what she has just seen.

Brendan and I look at each other and laugh. "Since when does Aria even come in here anymore?" I ask, my face still red.

"Well," He says. "Now that she's gone..." He reconnects our lips and immediately reaches for my shirt again.

"Brendan." I reach for his hand to stop him. "What are we doing?"

He looks at me, his eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean, what are we doing?"

"I just..." I think for a moment. "I don't know if I'm ready for this."

"The way you were responding to me, it seemed like it was something you wanted." He says.

"Just because I want it doesn't mean it's something I'm ready for."

He just looks at me. "What the hell does that mean?"

"I just don't want to do this right now..." I say. "Not with you." I cringe after I say those last words. I know they didn't sound good, but that's not what I meant by it.

"It's fine if you don't want to, I can respect that, but what's wrong with me?" His voice gets defensive.

"I didn't mean it like that, I promise." I reach to grab his hand, but he yanks it away.

"No, I think you did mean it that way." He yells, standing up.

"Brendan, would you just—"

"No, Victoria!" He turns around and starts walking to the door.

"Brendan!" I grab his wrist and try to stop him.

"I can't believe you said that to me." He looks at me in disbelief.

"I didn't mean it to come off as rude as it sounded." I say.

We stay standing there for a few moments, in disbelief of what just happened. I really don't want to fight with him. I truly don't.

"I can't believe I was actually starting to fall for you." He whispers.

I see a tear fall from his eye before he storms out and down the hallway back to his dorm.