The Reunion

It's the weekend Zayn had planned for his beach house getaway with him and Niall. He plans to throw a party and invite a couple more people than simply the three of them. Harry's sure he's going to be the youngest one there, but he tries to ignore it. He can attempt to play the part of being a few years older and match everyone else's age. It all starts with his hair. The cocoon of curls wrapping around his head keeps him young so instead of having them perfectly tailored like a typical sixteen year old would, he messes it up. Running his fingers through to help age him a bit.

His height helps a lot, actually. He's grown a couple inches over the past couple months and his growth spurting is hitting. However, it really makes him look long and gangly. If there is one thing he needs to work on, it's his muscles. If he were to wear swim trunk this weekend, then it'll be obvious about how scrawny and young he is. How baby fat is still clinging to different parts of his body. But maybe he can wait until everyone is too drunk to notice before taking clothes off. At least he can age himself by the clothes he wears. Black skinny jeans and a band t shirt. Not the typical kakis.

If anyone comments on his age, then his efforts really will have failed him. Everyone will be at least two to three years older than him. And he's sure if it were up to Zayn, he wouldn't even be coming. Not that he isn't wanted, but because he's so young and has barely partied before in his life.

Eventually, he receives a message that Zayn has pulled up to the front of his house. After grabbing his weekend bag off the bed, he rushes down the stairs. "Mum, the lads are here." As he reaches the bottom step, he's pleasantly surprised to see both Niall and Zayn at the front door with his mother, all three of them looking over at him with amused expressions on their face.

"Quite aware, dear," she teases. Anne presses a kiss to both of their cheeks then heads over towards the couch in the living room. "You all have fun this weekend."

"Of course we will," Niall agrees with a smile. He subtly winks at Harry and then nudges Zayn's shoulder. Harry rolls his eyes. "It's going to be a very calm weekend."

"Shut up, Ni," Zayn grumbles under his breath.

Harry chuckles as he walks over to his mother, leaning over the couch to kiss her cheek. "Bye mum."

"Bye, sweetheart. Call me when you get there."

"Of course." Harry follows his friends out the house and puts his bag in the trunk. Niall is already settled in the front seat so he takes the back by himself, easily getting comfortable pressed up against the door with a blanket across his lap.

"You could've blown our cover, mate," Zayn complains once he gets into the driver side of the car, pulling out the driveway and heading out the neighborhood.

Niall shrugs. "No way she knows you're throwing a rager . She probably thinks your uncle is going to be there."

Zayn sighs heavily, and Harry chuckles.

The beach house is a little over an hour away from where they live. So they arrive a bit past noon. The party is for later in the evening, just before sunset. There's going to be a handful of people who are showing up, and Harry is sure he only knows Niall and Zayn. Most of these people are in the upper classes or back from Zayn's hometown.

When there is just a few hours left before people show, the three of them start to get ready. Harry freshens up as Niall changes his outfit. Zayn had ran out to the nearest store to pick up alcohol for them to drink. As the two of them continue getting ready, he eventually bounds up the stairs with three cans in his hand. Zayn immediately hands one to Niall, then he sets a can next to his items and turns to Harry after.