~Mizzling~

~One~

Mizzling // To Rain Lightly

            The cold dreary Northern England skies loomed above the black car speeding down the winding road toward the equally ominous grounds of McCullough Manor, a castle-turned-boarding school for which the town below was named. The fortress was also my new "home" for the next eight months. I watched as two rain drops seemed to race along the window of the Mercedes-Benz – warm breath fogging up the glass. "We have arrived Miss. Gray." The driver, Bashir, said in his broken English as we made our way through the high iron gates and up the cobblestone drive. "Thank you." I replied beginning to gather my things as the car slowed to a stop. Bashir made eye contact in the rearview mirror. "Miss. Gray," he started softly.

"Yes." I replied.

"I know these last few weeks have been difficult without your parents, and the move here is not easy, but they do love you. If you need anything, feel free to call." He finished with a small smile.

            Bashir had been my family's driver since long before I was born. With a father who constantly traveled as an explorer and a mother who photographed his findings for National Geographic, Bashir and our housemaid Lucinda had practically raised me. Now, as I moved to England and Bashir returned back home to the United States I felt lonelier than ever. "Okay." I said smiling sadly as I exited the car.

The massive oak doors stood like soldiers in front of me as I heard Bashir and the car, my only escape, speed back down the driveway.