Chapter 3

EMMA

Reaching home, I took a bath and changed out of my coffee-stained clothes. My blouse was not badly stained and other than a slight red mark on my right hand, I was fine. Well, other than my precious boots which were ruined. Thanks to that jerk!

I lay on my bed and let out a frustrated sigh. The previous events playing in my mind. Definitely a hundred percent bad day. The way he acted like an arrogant ass and the way he got escorted by the chauffeur driving a million dollars Audi, I was sure he was one of those spoiled sons of a wealthy family. It wasn't unusual to see such people drive around Greenwich Village but it was unusual seeing him in front of the cafe. CafeDelights was not a small business but it wasn't that luxurious to catch the attention of some rich guy who just wanted to have a taste of good coffee.

I guess it really was my bad luck that brought him to that place, on the same day and at that time.

"I hate him." I groaned as his smirking face flashed before my eyes. And what was that, 'Till next time, Emma'? How did he know my name? And what next time? It's not like we would meet again unless he decides to pay Cafe another visit which if he did, I would make sure to get my revenge. Maybe I would mix something in his coffee. Or what if I spill hot coffee right on him? That would be the best way to get back at him for today. I would love to see his perfectly ironed black suit mixed with the favorite black color of his coffee.

"Emma! Are you home?" I heard Alice's voice from the living room "Yup!" I shouted back and heard the clicking of her heels coming towards my room as I sat up straight.

"Get up! We are going shopping!" She grinned.

"Alice! You just came. Aren't you tired?" I looked at her shocked. One thing I had learned in the past three months I stayed with her was, never and I meant never ever go shopping with Alice Wright because you would regret the moment you stepped into the mall.

"The last time I went shopping with you, you spent two hours in one shop, and in the end, you bought only one dress." I reminded her of the time when she was stuck between choosing the right dress and how many times she went to the changing room to choose the perfect outfit for her birthday party. I swore if she had the chance to buy the whole store's stock she would have bought it.

"That wasn't my fault! They were all so pretty. It was hard to choose." She pouted like a child, making me shake my head. "No!"

"Please, Em! Please! I am leaving tomorrow," she said with puppy eyes.

"That emotional blackmailing is not gonna work here." I stood up and walked towards the living room.

"Come on, Em! It's one last time. Please please please please." She followed me to the living room, still chanting the word please in her high-pitched voice. "Please please please please."

Alice was a sweet girl but she can be annoying. Like now. Alice Wright was one of the few friends that I made since I moved to Manhattan. An over-energetic girl with curly blond hair, a petite figure with all the curves at the right places, and blue eyes.

Blue eyes. Those deep blue eyes beneath those black shades.

What the hell! What did I think of? I shook my head. This was not good.

"Okay fine! Just stop with this. You'll make me go deaf," I sighed in defeat.

"Thanks, Em! See! Works every time." She hugged me and I rolled my eyes. "You are annoying as hell. You know that?"

"Yes! And I'm proud of it." She smiled. I shook my head at her childish behavior. "You'll never grow up, would ya?"

"Nope! Never!"