Just Another Below-Average Day

"Burgerpants, darling!" Mettaton, my boss, barges through the door wearing a frilly light blue dress and clean white gloves. "How are sales going?"

"Just as great as ever," I mumble, still not turning to look at him.

He wheels himself over to me and drapes his cold metal arm around my shoulder. "And my favorite employee?"

Just before I have the chance to answer, Mettaton gasps. "Is that a... cigarette?" He smacks it out of my mouth with a sound of disgust and I watch as it falls, hitting the floor. It's ashes explode like a firework on the golden glass-like surface, making yet another mess for me to clean up later. "We do not smoke in MTT-Brand Burger Emporium!" He storms off thinking God knows what, and I go back to staring at the wall, trying not to lose what little sanity I have left.

Mettaton soon returns, holding a white shirt with red print on it. He throws it directly at my face, saying "Wear this for a week. It will serve you well, darling," and wheeling away, laughing his robotic laugh of horror.

I peel the shirt off my face and read it, my tolerance for this job dropping lower and lower.

"Burgerpants sucks at his job!"

I know I can't quit, but it sure is tempting.

Hello readers! How are you this lovely evening? Good?

...

Jesus on a bicycle, I'm awkward.

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share. I promise this story will get better, just bear with me. Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful day!