During the Masquerade

The violins began to play and all the hosts went down to greet and dance with their guest. As for me all I did was sit, watched, and eat a little. As I was watching I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up to see Kaoru.

“Hey Rin.” He says looking at me through his mask.

“How do you know if I’m Rin or not?” I say smiling jokingly. He picks up a piece of my hair puts it in my face, “I don’t think I can mistake this red hair.”

“I guess you’re right.” I giggle. He tucks the piece of hair behind my ear and I look a bit surprise by his action. The violins began to play a new song and he holds out his hand to me.

“May I have this dance?”

“But don’t you have to dance with the guest?”

“Yeah but can’t I also dance with you?” He smiles and I look at him with a bit of surprise. He is still in the same position and my cheeks turn a bit pink.

“Sure!” I smile and I gladly take his hand. He leads me to the middle of the floor. He wraps his hand around my waist and holds his hand with mine.

“I like your mask.” He says laughing a bit. My mask was white on the left side and gold on the right side. There was beautiful designs on it and it only cover to the bottom of my eyebrows to my nose.

“Thanks.” I say and accidentally step on his foot. “Ah! I-I’m sorry! I’m not very good at dancing.” I say blushing out of embarrassment.

“It’s okay don’t worry.”He gives me a small smile and continues, “you’re cute when you blush.”

What?’ My eyes full of surprise, “oh um. . .thank you.” I look over to the side with my eyes and see girls looking at us. . .well me with envy. I let go of his hand, “I think the other girls want to dance with you now.” I politely smile and start to walk away but he stops me.

“Huh?” I look at him.

He leans and whispers, “we are going to dress Haruhi like a girl right now so go to the club room.”

“Okay” I whisper back and I start to leave the room.

. . .

“What are you guys doing?! LET ME GO!”I hear Haruhi yelling as Mori and Hani open the door following along with the twins. I already set up the make-up supplies and a long brown hair wig for her so no one will notice who she really is. They come through the door and sit Haruhi straight down.

She looks up at me and her face is annoyed, “not you too Rin.” I smile at her, “I’m here to do you make up.”  She groans and then relaxes in the chair, “get it over with.”

“Oh what about her dress?” I look over to the twins.

“We already have one for her.” Hikaru tells me. I nod and continue with my job.

. . .

“What are you all doing her-” Tamaki yelled as he opened the door but then he saw Haruhi and his violet eyes widen. Haruhi looked beautiful and I felt proud of my work.

“Haruhi you look so pretty as a girl!” I squeal. The twins and I both started to rub our cheek against Haruhi. Her face was annoyed and she was struggling through our grasp.

“Get away from my daughters!” Tamaki yelled pulling Haruhi and I.

“Why did you pull me?” I asked as Haruhi and I were trying to get away from him. “Because you two are my daughter and I don’t want you to be corrupted by those two shady twins!” Tamaki said pointing to Hikaru and Kaoru.