5: My Best Friend is a Dragon?

Scott POV

I feel horrified. Stiles the dragon bows his head low in answer. This time I really do fall over, but Stiles catches me with his tail. He places me gently on the ground. I look up at him. I can't see anything that would remind me that it is Stiles. All I can see is a dragon. My heart feels like it is breaking. I can't imagine what it have must been like to be stuck like this for over a year. At the same time however, I'm relieved that I have found Stiles at last. I can't help but burst into tears and run into Stiles' leg, hugging him to the best of my abilities. "I'm so glad that I have finally found you." I sob as I continue to hug the scaly creature. I feel so sad for my best friend. I have no idea what it was like to have been turned into something completely different. Being a werewolf was no match for this. At least I am still human. Being a dragon... it stripped Stiles of his humanity completely and that pains me so much. "I promise you, Stiles. We will fix this." I swear to him seriously.

"I won't stop until I find a way to help you. I will never leave you again, I promise." I continue, burying my face in his scales. They're surprisingly smooth and warm. Stiles gently lies his chin on my back. We stay in the embrace for another minute before I pull away a little. Stiles lies back down and I crawl between his front legs and lean back on his chest. Stiles' head lowers down and lies it in front of me. His neck is right by my side. I can't get over the fact at how strange this all is. I feel Stiles' chest rise up and down, hearing his heart thump in a steady rhythm. With the warmth of Stiles and the fire combined, I think I could lie here and sleep forever. I look at Stiles' scaly face, now a little bit curious as to what his teeth look like. "So, uh, how many teeth did you gain?" I ask, lightening the mood. Stiles snorts in laughter. He opens his mouth a little to show the rows of fangs. It looks intimidating. "Wow." I comment as he closes his mouth again. He breathes out smoke a little proudly. I'm glad that he can find some good in a situation as dark as this.

"So, I guess you'll want a run down on what has been happening in Beacon Hills." I say. Stiles nods.

"Well, for one thing, I failed senior year. I have to redo it." I admit. Stiles' eyes widen in surprise.

"Yeah, I know it's bad, but I was not in a good place. My grades started dropping as soon as you disappeared. I probably spent half of the time I was supposed to be at school traveling around, trying to find you." I add. Stiles listens intently.

"Everyone else graduated though. Malia was so happy." I grin. Stiles attempts a smile too, but it looks very intimidating with his sharp and deadly teeth. "She really wanted you to be there," I smile at the memory. Stiles' expression turns sad, if that's even possible for a dragon. "Anyway, no one has gone off to college yet. They'll be leaving at the end of the year. Corey and Mason are still happily together, as are Liam and Hayden." I inform Stiles.

"Jackson, Derek and Isaac came back to town. Everyone tried to help find you. Slowly, everyone started giving up hope on finding you, but I never did. Not for one second. I just knew I had to find you, no matter how long it took." I continue talking. If Stiles were human, I'm sure he would be beaming and thanking me for all the effort I went to. "There was another werewolf pack in Beacon Hills for a while. It was fine until they started going around killing random people or turning them into werewolves. We got rid of them after a while." I say. Stiles nods.

"There were also these creatures called the Ghost Riders. They erased people from existence, which made it hard for us to know what we were fighting or who they'd take next. We won in the end, just like we always do. It delayed my search for you for a little while though, which was annoying and frustrating. Other than that, the supernatural world has been quiet, as far as I know. Your dad has been coming around to my place a lot. Melissa has kept him company through the hard times." I tell my best friend. A few tears roll down Stiles' face as I mention his father. "He'll be overjoyed to know that you're okay." I assure him. Stiles nods quickly, trying to blink the tears away. "I'm sorry about Jackson. I never knew." I apologize sadly. Stiles lets out a snort, signalling that I shouldn't worry about it too much. "Him and Lydia have formed a close bond over the year." I inform Stiles.