CHAPTER 2 - The One Night Stand, The F***Buddy...

A/N: Take note that this story won't be in order. This will be mostly short stories and one-shots, base on anecdotes from real life. There will be hints of smut, but I'll try to make it is subtle, nothing explicit (I'll create a separate page for that ;) ). This is a long chapter, but try to enjoy.

Dear Michael, 

We've all heard of that words the 'one night stand', the 'friends with benefits', and how some women end up doing those things, especially during a break-up, or perhaps just for self-gratification, or just for pleasure. But mostly, as I had observed, women do these things, during the aftermath of a break-up.  Judging from the observations I make, at a crowded bar, once a week, at night, during one of my 'drunken' stupors,( I pretend to be 'Patrick Jane' and observe people around. Don't judge me.)

I was given the opportunity, to sleep with an attractive man, rather he tried to seduce me, but I rejected him, and let it pass it by. You would've scolded me if I did give into this lustful act, the temptation at the heat of that moment . Second, perhaps I'm a chicken or a bit of a prude which is why I couldn't do it. Third, I really have no confidence myself, and I couldn't take any more rejection. Fourth, I was afraid to be treated, and 'discarded' easily, just like a piece of trash, once he is done with me. 

However, that same night, I was out with a housemate, a friend who shared the same predicament as I did. We were both in a 'heartbroken' state.  

Due to being too bloated, and being a 'chicken, I headed back home that night and thought of  taking another alternative route to recovery for this broken heart. I thought of refilling my medication, and calling the shrink for an appointment the next day. However, my companion refused to come back home with me and continued to sit on the bar stool, drinking her cocktail drink. 

Her story is quite amazing really, from her relationship with the man starting as a one night stand, and then turning into a serious and healthy relationship, which is something so rare nowadays.

I'm just writing this story because, well, let's just say I want to romanticise everything, or rather, I'm just being cheesy. Nonetheless, I'm just pretty much writing this story for me, just for the sake of sharing.

But I must warn you, this story will have a bit of mischief, and a tinged of darkness to it, compared to the first one, which was light-hearted.

********** 

STORY POV

Louisa watched her friend Judy, drink the glass of whisky, straight up, without even flinching on how strong the taste of alcohol was. It always amazed her how her friend was such a strong drinker.

"I'm tired. I'm sorry if I can't accompany you the whole night. I'm going back to the psychiatric clinic tomorrow." Judy said as she lay down her head, on the cold bar counter, and yawned. It was her eighth glass of an old Scottish whisky.

It was the typical Friday night inside a high-end bar near Covent Garden. Attractive women dressed to the nines, and equally attractive men who might be willing to get a girl a drink or two, if he were to fancy her.  She, Judy and their group of friends were supposed to 'unwind' and forget their current problems. However, Judy was always the first to head home early, getting tired easily, and not wanting to be around a large crowd of people, today was no different, as she looked at her friend, 'observe' people with their each and every move, and eye the exit. 

"That guy looks... 'good'" Judy mentioned casually, tilting her head to the man's direction, as she downed her glass of whisky. "To think of it, either my eyesight is blurry due to alcohol, or he does resemble someone I know. Nah, he looks average." she said, as her eyes squinted at the man's direction, and then gave up, signalling the bartender for another glass.