Chapter 2

Rosa carried her bucket of water out onto the deck and began to scrub. The day light beat down on her heavily and caused sweat to bead down her back. If she was to stay on here for a while then she would at least make herself useful.
She turned and glanced over at Russell as he scrubbed down the other side. He hadn't tried anything funny last night. He seemed more pissed than anything, then laughed when he managed to piss her off. Just the thought of last night made her hips and back ache. The wooden floor wasn't entirely something that was comfortable to sleep on.

Her necklace hung in front of her face. The emerald in the pendant shone against the raise of the sun and the gold seemed to be even golder. As soon as she got off this ship she would go looking for him. She wouldn't let her father's name disappear off the face of the earth, being spat on instead of respected like how he use to be.

" You!"

Rosa heard the doors slam open and turned around. A woman walked out and looked directly at her. It was as if she wanted her dead.

" I'll kill you!"

Rosa rolled as she swung her sword down. On an instant she was on her feet with her cutlasses drawn.

" Who the hell are you!"
The woman yanked her blade free from the decks wood and glared at her.
" You dare sleep with Master Russell!"
Rosa blinked.
" Master?" She mumbled.
" Damn you slut!"

Rosa shook herself from her distraction and crossed her cutlasses, blocking the woman's attack. With an extra push the woman stumbled back, giving her just enough time to get some distance between the two.

Graciously she stepped behind the poll of the main mass and glanced over at her casually.

" Don't you think calling me a slut is a little rash?" She questioned. The woman growled and swung. Rosa only turned and peered out the opposite side.

" You slept with him!" The woman cried as she swung the opposite side. Rosa only countered and returned to the original side.
" I slept on the floor. I don't think you have anything to worry about." She continued.
The deck began to fill up as all the men began to step outside at the commotion. Thomas went to step forward when Captain Morgan stopped him.

" But Cap-"
" She looks like a woman who can handle herself." He explained briefly before looking back up at her.

" Do you think this a game! Come out and fight me you coward!" The woman growled as she swung again. Rosa waited then stabbed her cutlass into the wood, the hilt of the woman's sword stuck and caught. The smirk she gave only made the woman more angry. She went to reach for her dagger latched on her waist but Rosa had already seen it coming. With a turn she kicked the dagger out of her hand and it slid across the deck.

Rosa felt her hair being yanked on and she swung to the ground, her own blade falling from her hands.
" It seems this is just a good hands on fight then." The woman spoke as she walked up to her.
" There shouldn't even be a fight!" Rosa cried, annoyed. Her feet latched around the woman's and gave a twist. While the woman fell onto her back Rosa staggered to her feet and yanked her cutlass and the sword from the post.

Then there was a moment then all held their breath.

Rosa stood with the own woman's sword pointed directly at her, the tip just barely grazing her throat. If there was one thing she knew while on her father's ship, there was nothing worse than having your own weapon used against you.

" This is over." She spoke as she sheathed her one cutlass and held out her hand. "There is nothing between the two of us. I can promise you that. Keep in mind that I'm willing to use your sword against you if you try anything funny."