Chapter 3

Chapter 3

On the 10 minute ride home, Hayley kept bringing Ken up.

"Where's that nice man? He told me to call him Ken, like Barbie's boyfriend? OH ARE YOU LIKE BARBIE? I like to call him Mr. Big Guy. Is that a good nickname? Why don't I have a nickname? My nickname is Mr. HayHay now okay?" She kept rambling on and on about one subject to another.

Finally I couldn't take it anymore.

"That's enough! You will never see 'Mr. Big Guy' ever again do you understand? Do not ONCE bring him up ever again, or I will take all of your toys and melt them, then eat all of your cookies while you watch, got it?" I shouted, frustrated.

She was still, as if I had just hit her.

Then suddenly burst into tears.

My first instinct was to roll my eyes at her, but then I saw how depressed she sounded and softened. 

We had gotton to our large apartment building -long story short, my parents are loaded. My dad owns every Walmart out there, and my mom is a very popular fashion designer- and were parked in the buildings parking lot.

I handed her one of the napkins I keep from after I get fast food, and wiped up Hayley's wet face. "Shh, I'm sorry I yelled baby, don't cry."

"Mommy just doesn't like that man." I continued as I stroked the top of her head.

She sniffled. "Why not? He was nice to me. Is it because he didn't ask you if you and YOUR mommy wants to come and have dinner with him?" Hayley continued on and on about nothing, but I was still processing what she had said.

"Hayley." I interrupted her in mid-ramble. She looked up at me, probably curious why I had stopped her story about a dream she had where her stuffed unicorn, Baby Buttercup, got married to her stuffed sea otter, Baby Puppy. (She was positive that 'Baby Puppy' was a dog.)

"Did that man ask you if you and me want to come have dinner with him?"

She nodded, and grinned. "Yeah! I told him yes, and that we live at Manchester Apartments, and our room number is 68, and that he can come join us tonight!" Then she frowned. "But then you came and interrupted us." She said, pronouncing the 'r's with a 'w' sound. 

I sighed. Of course, the one time Hayley can remember our address, she gives it out to some stranger that happens to be a guy that caused me so much pain, that I became obsessed. No, not obsessed with him- well, not exactly. I had become obsessed with wanting to kill him, myself, and at 5 months pregnant at the time, my baby.

But my best friend Autumn helped me through everything. Thinking about that, I got an idea.

"Hay, do you want to call Auntie Autumn to come bring us some ice cream?"

Hayey nodded happily, and hopped out of her now unbuckled carseat, and raced out of the car screaming behind her- "I'LL BEAT YOU HOME!"

I laughed and shouted something along the lines "NO WAY!!"

We both raced as fast as we could, until we were in front of our apartment door. (Well, I didn't race as fast as I could... Okay, so I did. But that girl can run.)

She started giggling, as soon as we both caught our breath. "I win! I get more ice cream then you!" Hayley started doing this weird happy dance that involved the sprinkler and the disco.

Hayley raced into our apartment, (after I unlocked the door) and grabbed the home phone from off the kitchen counter.

I laughed at her excitment, and dialled Autumn's oh so familiar number.

Autumn is my best friend- she was the one who helped me through everything, and I helped her. Because believe it or not, she had fallen for Ken too. And me, being my idiotic self, allowed myself to fall for the same guy, even after I lived my best friend's pain.

In fact, Autumn was the one who had found me at that night.

The night that I got pregnant.

It was the night of prom. I had gotten to the familiar gym at my school, in my brand new dress. It was a gorgeous dress- A strapless, pink dress that went down to the floor, with a beautiful flower pattern going down the side, (Pic of dress on side ---->) when I felt myself trip. Stupid heels. Autumn had insisted I bought them the month before.

Then Ken, the guy I had tried to avoid since freshman year, rushed towards me, and grabbed my hand, gently picking me up.

Then, skipping the details, I woke up in a cheap motel room, naked and alone. Autumn had found me, and helped me.

"Hello?" I heard Autumns voice, snapping me back to reality. I chuckled and asked her about bringing ice cream, and after she agreed we hung up, Autumn reassuring Hayley she would be there in 15 minutes.

Hayley giggled, afterwards, and continued her weird happy dance.

But in the middle of doing the Charlie Brown, she slipped.

Which ended up her falling on her face. There was a large snapping noise.

In result, she started screaming in pain.