Chapter 1

Alright so I'm starting this book as a reward for everybody who's read any one of my books! I know about 1000 reads for both of my books isn't THAT impressive, but it makes me so happy that people are actually reading my stuff! Anyways, Jenna to the right =========>

Chapter 1

Yum. Chocolate. I was currently sitting at a local Burger King (We don't have many Starbucks around here in Jackson), drinking a thick, large, double chocolate shake. To go with it, I also brought a brownie my daughter and I made this morning. Also double chocolate.

Great. Now I have to run an extra mile at the gym tomorrow morning. I moan in satisfaction, taking another large gulp of my shake. SOOO worth it.

"Mommy, nother bite!" Hayley, my 5 year old little girl said, tugging on my shirt. I grinned at her and lowered my delicious brownie to her lips. "Alright, but one more small bite."

She nodded and started to take a little bite, then finished of my brownie. "Hey!" I frowned, pretending to be super angry, then snatched by her tiny waist.

She looked up at me with her big brown eyes. Her dad's eyes. No! She scolded herself. NEVER think about... Him again.

Hayley looked at her. "Mommy? Mommy, are you okay?" I looked down at her. "Yes baby, mommy's okay." She get's upset if I'm angry or sad.

She grinned at me. She may have her dad's eyes, but she has my thick blonde hair and long eyelashes. Meaning, one day she's going to be a heatbreaker. Another trait from her father.

I finished the rest of my drink, then stand up to throw away the cup.

As I was walking back to the table, I noticed a tall man squating down next to Hayley.

My motherly instincts kicked in and I walked faster. "Hayley!" I called out.

Her big brown eyes found mine and she grinned. "Hi mommy!"

I frowned at her. "Remember what mommy told you?" She shook her head. I continued,- "No talking to strangers. Got it?"

"Yes mommy. Sowwy." I grinned at her and gave her a little hug.

Just then, I heard a man clear his throat. Well, SORRY for being SOOO rude. I rolled my green eys and spun around.

I saw a tall man with thick, curly brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes standing in front of me.

He grinned. "Well, what a small little world this is, now isn't it?"

I just about dropped Hayley on the sticky floor.

"K-Ken?"