Chapter One: Strings Of Fate

Welcome to Kaia, the Phantom World. Here, people and Phantoms had the ability to teleport, so I used the term teleporter for the people who could disappear at one point and reappear at another. It's not a device of any kind, just an ability that I couldn't find a better word to name it. Sorry if it sounds weird or wrong. If you have a suggestion or a better cool name for it please let me know. Hope you like it. I'm not sure if I explain everything clear or easy enough. Sorry for any grammatical mistake I did my best.

18 Years Later

Noll

It was already morning by the time Oliver Davis, one of the best Master Hunter in Dervry City, finally wake up from his deep sleep. When he opened his eyes and looked around still half asleep, he realized he was laying down on the soft bed on his room. It took him a few seconds to feel the cold steel and the lightweight on his back and sides. Then he realizes he was still wearing his black and silver Hunter uniform, including his long blade on his back and his short daggers at his sides. It seems he had been so tired after returning home last night from a two-weeks long mission outside the city in search of a Class A Phantom, that he didn't bother to undress or change clothes.

"Damn Class A monster..." He thought closing his dark indigo blue eyes again for a moment. The memories of that hunting was still fresh on his mind. Phantoms, were spirits like creatures, that crossed the Gate toward their world. No one knew exactly how the balance of the world changed a long time ago and how Phantoms came to exist in Kaia in the first place. They only knew Phantoms were stronger entities from the spirit realm never seen before by humans, that could manifest on their side and use magic or energy the same way people could.

Regrettably enough, all the information of the first stages of Phantoms existence in Kaia were lost hundreds of years ago. Humans were probably too busy trying to survive back then, that didn't care for keeping records on the new chaotic world for future generations. Perhaps they thought there was no future when all of a sudden, humanity was overwhelmed by creatures they could barely fight with. Most people could see the semi-translucent figures, but very few could escape their merciless attacks or fight back. In a way, he understood the struggle for survival over the less important record keeping, but if someone was to asked him, he would say that was extremely foolish of them.

Information was a vital part of survival and millions of people die, because they didn't know how to protect themselves and the people they care for. Because of that, the human population was reduced to a handful of people scattered everywhere and only with certain talents and energy gathering which they preferred to call it magic, the remaining people manage to survive long enough to create warded buildings first, then smaller towns and bigger cities later. It took several hundreds of years to reach the relative safety of the present time. Although the possibility of towns or cities been destroyed was always present, as a remainder of their common enemy lurking outside their wards.

Of course, there were rumors of some people who actually manage to seal memories for one person to another. Long ago people called them keepers, but on these days, keepers were no different from a long-lost legend no one believed anymore. If they really existed in the past, no one knew what kind of knowledge they have or why they never share it with anyone else but themselves. The only open records on existence, were from a few hundreds of years back when someone actually uses his brain and thought it would be a good idea to gather information in hope to find the Phantoms Gate, the link that allowed them to cross to Kaia.

Many expeditions all around the world in search for the so-called Phantom Gate failed. No one mange to find anything more than certain death or emotional scars that would last forever. Even him had gone once, on one of those suicidal missions two years ago. He was after all, one of the highest ranked Master Hunters on Dervry City. The terms Master was given to those Hunters who excelled on their own particular ability or a mix of them.